BSOD

Good Evening

Brought my laptop from PCS a few years ago and absolutely love it.
I did some Windows updates and Nvidia updates a couple of months ago and have been getting BSOD ever since whilst playing games and sometimes after the restart that it causes.
I used to only get 1 at the start of a gaming session and then everything would be fine but know it’s like every 5-10mins.
I know that peeps will need to see my Dump files to try to sort it out but my laptop hasn’t been saving any.
Was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the BSOD and the lack of dump files?

Kind regards

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good Evening

Brought my laptop from PCS a few years ago and absolutely love it.
I did some Windows updates and Nvidia updates a couple of months ago and have been getting BSOD ever since whilst playing games and sometimes after the restart that it causes.
I used to only get 1 at the start of a gaming session and then everything would be fine but know it’s like every 5-10mins.
I know that peeps will need to see my Dump files to try to sort it out but my laptop hasn’t been saving any.
Was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the BSOD and the lack of dump files?

Kind regards
Hiya, sounds like some part of the installation needs updating.

Could you post your full specs from the order page?

Hello

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Is this the information you need?

Chassis & DisplayDefiance Series: 14" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 2.5" SSHD - UP TO 5X FASTER THAN HDD!
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB M.2 2280, SATA 6Gb/s (560MB/R, 467MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryDefiance Series 3 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (45WH)
Thermal PasteEK-TIM ECTOTHERM THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + MIC/Headphone + SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AC 1535 M.2 GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 4.1
USB/Thunderbolt Options4 x USB 3.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Keyboard Language14" DEFIANCE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareMicrosoft® Office 365 Personal (12 Month Subscription - Digital Key)
Anti-VirusNorton Security Deluxe 3.0: 1 User, 5 Devices - 1 Year Subscription
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Dead Pixel Guarantee1 Year Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Is this the information you need?

Chassis & DisplayDefiance Series: 14" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor 7700HQ (2.8GHz, 3.8GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 2.5" SSHD - UP TO 5X FASTER THAN HDD!
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB M.2 2280, SATA 6Gb/s (560MB/R, 467MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryDefiance Series 3 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (45WH)
Thermal PasteEK-TIM ECTOTHERM THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + MIC/Headphone + SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AC 1535 M.2 GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 4.1
USB/Thunderbolt Options4 x USB 3.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Keyboard Language14" DEFIANCE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareMicrosoft® Office 365 Personal (12 Month Subscription - Digital Key)
Anti-VirusNorton Security Deluxe 3.0: 1 User, 5 Devices - 1 Year Subscription
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Dead Pixel Guarantee1 Year Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days
Yes, that's it, thanks.

Could you post a screenshot of your windows update page also please?

A solid no to all 4 of those questions.

I have a good knowledge of using computers but no skill/experience when it comes to software and hardware.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A solid no to all 4 of those questions.

I have a good knowledge of using computers but no skill/experience when it comes to software and hardware.
Very first thing we need to do then is check thermals. With any performance laptop, you'll need to repaste it every once in a while to maintain temps as they operate at far higher thresholds than a desktop and therefor the paste expires quicker.

If you could install HWMonitor:

And then run Prime95 just for a couple of minutes while HWMonitor is open and take a screenshot of both GPU and CPU temps WHILE Prime95 is still running:

We'll just make sure temps are ok first before troubleshooting the BSOD.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hopefully this is what your after.
Perfect, thanks.

So your temps look fine, that's great, best to be sure.

So, the next thing I'd do is download the latest control center from clevo, for that we need the model number of the laptop. If you turn it over, there should be a manufacturers label with the model number on it?

Phew, one thing ticked off then.

Model Number - ***

Gather that's the number you need?

Thank you for helping me by the way, really appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Phew, one thing ticked off then.

Model Number - ***

Gather that's the number you need?

Thank you for helping me by the way, really appreciated.
That looks more like a serial number I think, it will be quite short like P170SMA or something like that, next to the manufacturer name?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All downloaded and restarted.

Should I have a look through the drivers that are available for model, and if so, which ones should I be looking out for?