BSOD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
All downloaded and restarted.

Should I have a look through the drivers that are available for model, and if so, which ones should I be looking out for?
So with drivers these days, the best practice is to allow windows update to find all drivers, then just manually address the ones it can't.

Now all the main drivers should be accounted for.

The only one that may not be aside from control center is the Airplane driver which is here:

But the rest I think you should let windows update address, aside from Clevo Control Center, graphics driver and possibly airplane

If you've still got issues after these updates, then we'll have to ask our resident expert to analyse your dump files.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Windows writes different kinds of memory dumps. Sometimes they're written on-the-fly, sometimes as a process crashes and recovers, and of course when it BSODs. Kernel dumps, written when it BSODs, are in the file C:\Windows\Memory.dmp, this holds only one dump, the next BSOD will overwrite it. Minidumps are written when processes crash and recover (and sometimes on-the-fly) and you'll find these in the folder C:\Windows\Minidumps - there can be many minidumps in here so check the date and time stamps to be sure they're relevant to the problem. The kernel will write minidumps on-the-fly as kernel processes fail and recover, you'll find these in the folder C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports - again there can be many so check the date and time stamps to be sure they're relevant to the problem.

Minidumps can probably be uploaded direct to the forum, because they're small. Kernel dumps will have to be uploaded to the cloud with a link to them here, because they're large.

You might want to export and upload your System and Application logs, there are often good clues in there. See here for details on how to do that.

It's very likely that the driver advice you've been getting from @SpyderTracks will have solved your issues, but if not look for related dumps and/or upload your logs for us. :)

Good evening all.

Thanks for the post Ubuysa.

Unfortunately what I have done so far hasn't cured the problem.

Tried to look for both types of dump files (C:\Windows\Memory.dmp + C:\Windows\Minidumps) but I don't have the folders in my windows folder and I'm pretty sure I have selected the tick box to allow windows to do it. I've taken the auto restart functions off as well so now all I get is the BSOD with 0% which I have left on screen for a while but doesn't progress any further.

I have looked in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and DMP file wise I have only got 1 from 13/08/2019. The most recent one I can find is in the folder USBHUB3 but even that's from 27/05/2021.

Tried to click the link for the walkthrough on exporting and uploading System and Application logs but it says the cant reach the page. I think I know where this is but would like to be 100% sure I'm doing it right.

Thought I would add that I have noticed something during booting that I think has been happening since the problems started. On a black screen before the loading screen it says Checking Media Presence and then No media found underneath. Sometimes it also doesn't boot after a BSOD restart but says Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

Hope this helps, looking forward to your reply.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Good evening all.

Thanks for the post Ubuysa.

Unfortunately what I have done so far hasn't cured the problem.

Tried to look for both types of dump files (C:\Windows\Memory.dmp + C:\Windows\Minidumps) but I don't have the folders in my windows folder and I'm pretty sure I have selected the tick box to allow windows to do it. I've taken the auto restart functions off as well so now all I get is the BSOD with 0% which I have left on screen for a while but doesn't progress any further.

I have looked in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and DMP file wise I have only got 1 from 13/08/2019. The most recent one I can find is in the folder USBHUB3 but even that's from 27/05/2021.

Tried to click the link for the walkthrough on exporting and uploading System and Application logs but it says the cant reach the page. I think I know where this is but would like to be 100% sure I'm doing it right.

Thought I would add that I have noticed something during booting that I think has been happening since the problems started. On a black screen before the loading screen it says Checking Media Presence and then No media found underneath. Sometimes it also doesn't boot after a BSOD restart but says Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

Hope this helps, looking forward to your reply.
That's actually very useful information. Try removing and reseating the M.2 drive. We've had issues in the oast that were solved by reseating the M.2 drive.

Glad I brought it up then.

Are there any walkthrough videos that cover the removing and reseating of the M.2 drive as I wouldn't have the first idea of how to proceed.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Glad I brought it up then.

Are there any walkthrough videos that cover the removing and reseating of the M.2 drive as I wouldn't have the first idea of how to proceed.
It's just held in with one little screw at the end, just remove that it pops up and slides out much like a RAM stick. There are no cables or anything.

Perfect, sounds like my sort of maintenance.

I’ve had a look at some videos and looks pretty straight forward. I’ll have a go tomorrow, see if it sorts out the problem and then I’ll get back to you.

Thank you.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Amazing, well done @ubuysa I never think to try that one, good to be reminded (y)
It's worth trying on all sorts of problems, this isn't the first time we've come across a reseat of the M.2 drive to be the solution.

It also highlights the need to share ALL information when asking for help on here. Had the information about booting issues been shared earlier we might have got to the M.2 drive faster. As a general rule when asking for help please tell us about everything that doesn't seem right, even if it's apparently not connected to your immediate problem. If your neighbour's lights flash when you open the Windows Task Manager for example, we need to know! ;)