Budget best monitor for video editing

Hi,
Seem to have no real issues after customizing my new desktop to my ideal spec of what i will be using it for,
especially after much research too.
However, still have no clue when it comes to choosing the right monitor! Refresh rates, Response times may be
obvious to many but not to me! Im not really into gaming so guess refresh and response times may not be important?

I use Premiere Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4d and sometimes Blender too so any recommendations please would be helpful.
Thankyou.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
Seem to have no real issues after customizing my new desktop to my ideal spec of what i will be using it for,
especially after much research too.
However, still have no clue when it comes to choosing the right monitor! Refresh rates, Response times may be
obvious to many but not to me! Im not really into gaming so guess refresh and response times may not be important?

I use Premiere Pro, After Effects, Cinema 4d and sometimes Blender too so any recommendations please would be helpful.
Thankyou.
Hiya, yeah, we can definitely help out with that.

Do you have any preference for resolution? 4k or Superwide is normally very beneficial for editing as it gives more screen real estate for your edit windows which can be a huge benefit.

Colour accuracy is the most important consideration, you want something true to life and not glossed up with extra saturation to make it look pretty. Palette coverage of course is important as well.

For your uses, 120Hz is more and more becoming favoured as it can make animation look smoother.

But it all depends on your budget?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ultrawide is great for editing on, check out my signature for what I use, the G5 makes a great preview monitor....😂😂😂😂

Hiya, yeah, we can definitely help out with that.

Do you have any preference for resolution? 4k or Superwide is normally very beneficial for editing as it gives more screen real estate for your edit windows which can be a huge benefit.

Colour accuracy is the most important consideration, you want something true to life and not glossed up with extra saturation to make it look pretty. Palette coverage of course is important as well.

For your uses, 120Hz is more and more becoming favoured as it can make animation look smoother.

But it all depends on your budget?
Thakyou so much,
Based on space and budget, im only looking for around 24 wide at present. Ive found that is enough to ensure have all necessary
windows open in interface when working on a project. Defintely interested in colour accruacy tho. its something ive not actually
considered when trying to research.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thakyou so much,
Based on space and budget, im only looking for around 24 wide at present. Ive found that is enough to ensure have all necessary
windows open in interface when working on a project. Defintely interested in colour accruacy tho. its something ive not actually
considered when trying to research.
And your budget? The maximum you're willing to spend?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
£200 max
Ok, just to get realistic. £200 will barely get you an entry level gaming monitor.

Colour accurate monitors are more expensive than gaming monitors. For something half decent, you'd be looking more like £350 - 400 for 4k which would be really the minimum recommended these days.

At that budget, there really is only one option, but it's 1080p which will be very restrictive. 4k is 4 x 1080p so hugely more real estate.

Just to stress, I wouldn't recommend buying that one at all, 1080p is completely dead for any kind of editing workflow, it's just too restrictive for modern day editor suites. I would just use a TV or basic monitor for now, and save up until you can afford an entry level 4k colour accurate. You won't understand what a difference it will make to your daily routine until you use one.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As alluded to. The size in inches isn't the tale of the tape. It's the resolution that determines what fits on the screen. a 28" 4k monitor will show 4x the amount of on-screen information as a 65" 1080p panel will.

This would be a reasonable starting point:

This would be a less affordable but more accurate panel:

jamieirl107x

I agree with what the other posters said, but taking into consideration your budget I found this Samsung option from Reliant Direct. It's 24" and £169.99. Hopefully you'll be able to find something suitable for you!