Build suggestion

Adrian K

I have been looking at https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...0-super-2-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10196471-pdt.html

I saw in another thread reference to PC World using low spec components outside of the headline features to keep the cost down, which was backed up by reviews of the PC World box.

What I am looking for is a PC that at least matches the headline spec but has also has solid components elsewhere, e.g. wifi, fans (hope that makes sense). Budget in the region £1,700, willing to move slightly if the box is still creaking in some way.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have been looking at https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...0-super-2-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10196471-pdt.html

I saw in another thread reference to PC World using low spec components outside of the headline features to keep the cost down, which was backed up by reviews of the PC World box.

What I am looking for is a PC that at least matches the headline spec but has also has solid components elsewhere, e.g. wifi, fans (hope that makes sense). Budget in the region £1,700, willing to move slightly if the box is still creaking in some way.
With that budget you can do far far better than the curry’s one you linked, that will get you a top tier build.

What are you using the PC for?

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you’re unsure?

Adrian K

Apologies for taking a while to get back to you. I was looking at things and trying to work out what I was after. I know thta you are used to specing up the box to suit gaming requirements. I don't know exactly what the box is going to be used for going forwards. So my current question would be what could be specced up around the upcoming 3080 and an i7 or equivalent AMD? (if that can come in somewhere near budget.) I'm not looking for lights on the box necessarily, it's more what's in it that interests me.

Adrian K

I think I have had my nose stuck to the sweet shop window and have just realised I need to step away. :)
The primary application will be minecraft. The screen that I am looking to get for it is the MSI Optix G24C4.

Adrian K

Thanks. As you may have worked out, I'm really not sure on things, trying to learn fast and your guidance is really appreciated. :)

Last edited: