Buttons

Roy03

My pc has a cooler master case and on the front panel underneath the card reader there is the main power button, two blue led's, and another button which i don't know what it does. Can you tell me its purpose. I love asking stupid questions!!
many thanks
Roy

pengipete

Rising Star
Safe way to check if it's a reset button (and it almost certainly is) is to start the PC and press whatever key you need to use to enter BIOS (usually the DEL key but if you aren't sure and can't the info in your motherboard's user manual, post back with the make/model of motherboard and I'll check for you). When BIOS is loaded and the harddrives have stopped spinning (you can tell that by the lights on the front of the case), press that button and see if the PC resets.

Whatever you do, don't test that button whilst Windows is loading or running as doing so can corrupt your hard-drive and cause serious problems.

If you are unable to do any of this, at least post back with the name of the case concerned as PCS provide several Cooler Master cases and we need to make sure that we are talking about the right thing.

Roy03

Hi, I think it was an Elite 310 blue case and the motherboard is an Asus M4A78LT-M. There is no way I am going anywhere near the BIOS settings. You don't realise how clumsy/unlucky I am
Many thanks
Roy

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Is this the button:
CM.png

If it is then it's the reset button.