Buying a new PC soon!... :)

leob

Buying a new PC soon, and need your help

Hi everyone,
I'm going to be buying a new pc from here soon as I need it for my uni course, it is a 3D animation course so lots of rendering is necessary and my old pc can't quite keep up. I just have a few questions that I need answering before I buy if that's Ok.

Firstly, and the part I am kind of worried about is that I am planning on buying the pc without an OS because I can get a free copy of windows 7 through my uni. But I'm kind of concerned about installing it on a fresh hard drive, will I have to do some type of formatting before I try and install it? or will I be able to just put the disc in and go through the steps?

Another point about the OS thing is this, I am probably ordering the ASUS P6X58D-E: DDR3 as the MOBO, and for the processor a Intel i7-930. My question about these is are they compatible with a 64-bit OS? Probably a dumb question I know, but I just want to be sure...

My last question for now is about the case, I am going for the cheapest one of the lot because of budget, but I am wondering about cooling it says cooling is good in description but I am a bit worried about overheating when rendering. (piano black fusion case)

p.s is there any type of student discounts availible? lol

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums leob :)

1. Installing your OS is pretty straight-forward, providing you're anything above a novice on computers. :) With each computer we dispatch we provide a 55 page Welcome booklet which has a section dedicated to installing Windows 7.

2. Everything we sell is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.

3. The Fusion case will keep your system at a stable temperature, don't worry about cooling we take care of that, everything that we sell will be compatible, and if a problem arises our configurator will prevent you from ordering.

4. We don't offer student discounts - our prices are already as keen as possible. :(