Buying with no OS

Vyncenze

Hi

If I go for a build with "no OS" will PCS still install the Win 10 image so that I just need to obtain a key? Or do I need to spec an image on DVD/USB to install from?

Cheers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS will install a test build of windows 10 but it won't be complete and wouldn't run correctly, when you receive it you'd need to wipe that and install your own copy.

You can create a usb with the latest image here:

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Yeah whatever you do, don't just activate the copy it ships with. It will seem to work but you'll very quickly run into e.g. performance and stability issues.

It may pay you to download WiFi drivers and pop them onto the USB stick you have the Windows installer on. Nothing worse than rebuilding your machine only to realise you need drivers and can't get them because you need a network driver. Been there, done that :)

fermiflux

@Tony1044 @SpyderTracks

Damn just seen this....my PC hopefully coming tomorrow and was just about to upgrade the trial they will have installed....I have my own key already.

So guys if I need to re-do it how do I remove their version of windows first? I can do the getting windows and putting it on a USB to boot bit already but not sure how to remove their version.

Also any difference between doing it on an SSD over a HDD? Thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@Tony1044 @SpyderTracks

Damn just seen this....my PC hopefully coming tomorrow and was just about to upgrade the trial they will have installed....I have my own key already.

So guys if I need to re-do it how do I remove their version of windows first? I can do the getting windows and putting it on a USB to boot bit already but not sure how to remove their version.

Also any difference between doing it on an SSD over a HDD? Thanks.
No need to remove their version, the first part of installation will take care of that when you delete all existing partitions.

It’s the same process on any kind of drive.