Buzzing Sound Coming From PSU When on Standby

Dsamurai

Good morning all,

I have noticed a buzzing sound coming from my PSU when it is on standby. I received the PC from PCS yesterday and everything else seems to be working really smoothly.

I have the Corsair RMX 850w, I decided to bump from a 750w to 850w as it was about £10 difference even if it is overkill.

Is this normal for a PSU to "buzz" when the pc is on standby? I sit close to my pc when I am working and the buzz is audible and annoying so I was wondering if it is worth contacting PCS and seeing about a replacement but I wanted to see the thoughts of the members of the forum first :)

Thanks in advance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good morning all,

I have noticed a buzzing sound coming from my PSU when it is on standby. I received the PC from PCS yesterday and everything else seems to be working really smoothly.

I have the Corsair RMX 850w, I decided to bump from a 750w to 850w as it was about £10 difference even if it is overkill.

Is this normal for a PSU to "buzz" when the pc is on standby? I sit close to my pc when I am working and the buzz is audible and annoying so I was wondering if it is worth contacting PCS and seeing about a replacement but I wanted to see the thoughts of the members of the forum first :)

Thanks in advance
Personally I would say it’s worth logging with PCS, shouldn’t buzz audibly on standby.