Cable MISmanagement - How to Stress Out AgentCooper

Farstrika

your moniter screens need screenwipes, for a sec I had to wipe my screen to see if it helped
yeah, tell me about it.
My youngest has an annoying habit of mauling the screens when he's sat with me.

I've all new stuff to setup once the new systems ready though, so tbh.... I've kinda given up on trying to maintain whats there atm.

Current state of affairs, whilst in the queue for the 3080 to complete my new system.

And yes..... YES.... that is indeed the psu from my sons old pc "balanced" on a box and Mcguyvered into my 10 year old system :cool:
View attachment 24353View attachment 24354
FBF8E3B7-5757-4999-A08D-92A022EB3BE4.gif

Farstrika

After the new system arrived, i've basically stripped the room, redecorated, and currently at the stage of building a new desk setup to replace the one that's currently in use.
3.jpg

MrWilson

Godlike
In a bit of an anarchistic mood today, so I thought that it would be fun to share how my setup has adapted with the transition to university, while also seeing how high I could spike the blood pressure of my good pal @AgentCooper.
Losing a good chunk of desk depth and also being unable to run/hide cables behind the desk means that it was always going to be hopeless for a mere rookie such as myself, and have made peace with the concept that if it’s out of the way and not full of 10,000 knots it’ll do. Arguably the funniest part of this setup is that due to the location of the fixed internet modem I have to have the rear of the case pointing towards me, which means any tempered glass side panel RGB dreams will only result in the illumination of my back wall.
The chair is another funny story. Basically being a hefty bloke the standard desk chair we are provided was not up to the challenging task of not breaking when I sat down on it. A similar fate befell my toilet seat, which for the third year running has either cracked or slid off its hinge; bear in mind that this year these events both occured within 48 hours of me moving in.
With lectures continuing online I’ve been encouraged to get a decent office chair anyway for both studying and leisure, and with the joys of Amazon fast delivery and easy assembly is definitely possible.
D456DCEA-AA24-458D-83D9-DC2759FBA937.jpeg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In a bit of an anarchistic mood today, so I thought that it would be fun to share how my setup has adapted with the transition to university, while also seeing how high I could spike the blood pressure of my good pal @AgentCooper.
Losing a good chunk of desk depth and also being unable to run/hide cables behind the desk means that it was always going to be hopeless for a mere rookie such as myself, and have made peace with the concept that if it’s out of the way and not full of 10,000 knots it’ll do. Arguably the funniest part of this setup is that due to the location of the fixed internet modem I have to have the rear of the case pointing towards me, which means any tempered glass side panel RGB dreams will only result in the illumination of my back wall.
The chair is another funny story. Basically being a hefty bloke the standard desk chair we are provided was not up to the challenging task of not breaking when I sat down on it. A similar fate befell my toilet seat, which for the third year running has either cracked or slid off its hinge; bear in mind that this year these events both occured within 48 hours of me moving in.
With lectures continuing online I’ve been encouraged to get a decent office chair anyway for both studying and leisure, and with the joys of Amazon fast delivery and easy assembly is definitely possible.
View attachment 29301
looking good there @MrWilson , somehow it seems to have finished up in the MISmanagement thread :ROFLMAO:

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 29301
Is it sad I'm more concerned where you are talking into that microphone :D