Cable tidy

Vaio

Enthusiast
So I have an xrocker desk which is very "open" and can start to look messy very quickly without any cable management.

Currently I only have my monitor and laptop charger and it's already looking a mess. So for when my PC arrives I'll need something to keep it looking clean.
I have found these on amazon

My question is, if I were to cable tie, monitor wire, speaker wire and PC wire through one of those cable tidy's, is it safe to do so without creating any fire hazards?
This will then be connected to an extension lead, which will of course be surge protected. Unfortunately the socket layout in my living room isn't ideal so I'm having it add them all to an extension lead.

The extension lead will then be housed in something like this, which is what I currently use my TV, soundbar etc in the bedroom.

Vaio

Enthusiast
For anyone wondering the same, I've bought a bunch of velcro cable ties, neoprene cable sleeve and some 3M tape in case I need to stick any larger monitor style plugs to the underside of my desk. Hopefully that'll do the job.

Charlas

Enthusiast
One of the best things is a monitor arm, all three of mine are mounted to it, and all their cables run along the arms. USB hubs left and right for USB 3 (anyone with rift will know the light houses are sensitive to performance) and they go through a dell thunderbolt dock which the monitors and the ocy are through (and the onboard outputs)

Fairly clean, worst part is things like the stream deck and external sound cards, but most of the cables run tied the back side of the desk as its pretty thick.

When new lappy turns up I'll post a pic