Camera on laptop not working since purchase

mattdanielc

Silver Level Poster
Hi all

I bought my laptop back in February. The webcam did work briefly - but has not worked since about the first week of owning. The microphone works fine - but I really need the webcam for Teams meetings (I use my work PC currently)

PCS recommended I reinstall my 'control centre' and provided a link. But I'm a bit nervous of doing that (do I need to uninstall the current version first?). Anyone else got any other ideas? Why would the control centre fix it - doesn't it only control the fans etc?

(When I click on the camera app it says 'we can't find your camera'. Error code 0xA00F4244 - no camera attached. I am also unable to find the camera in the device manager)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Control center controls a bunch of stuff. It would be wise to uninstall the existing version, reboot, and then install the most current version.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

I bought my laptop back in February. The webcam did work briefly - but has not worked since about the first week of owning. The microphone works fine - but I really need the webcam for Teams meetings (I use my work PC currently)

PCS recommended I reinstall my 'control centre' and provided a link. But I'm a bit nervous of doing that (do I need to uninstall the current version first?). Anyone else got any other ideas? Why would the control centre fix it - doesn't it only control the fans etc?

(When I click on the camera app it says 'we can't find your camera'. Error code 0xA00F4244 - no camera attached. I am also unable to find the camera in the device manager)

If you haven’t uninstalled it yet, it may be that the camera is just disabled. There’s a function key that enables and disabled it or there should be a setting in control center.