Can you tell me if these specs are good

Slick_gaming

I want to be able to stream and play mainly fortnite and other games at 1080p60. Could you tell me if these specs are good for a 1080p monitor and for streaming editing and multitasking?

CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 240 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - 3 User, 1 Year
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
TIMED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND - MON-FRI
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 21 to 23 working days
Price: £1,312.00 including VAT and Delivery

D

Deleted member 17413

From the build, im assuming the 1080p monitor is a temporary thing?
If I did that build, i would expect to buy a 1440p 144Hz monitor and upgrade the GPU in the next 6 months or so.
If sticking 1080p theres a lot of bits that are overpowered and will be wasted, and even at 1080p that sort of level build would need to be a 144Hz monitor, 60Hz would bottleneck it even further.

If you are streaming, doing some editing (not talking professional "its my job" level) and gaming, and it sounds like you have an existing build? there a lot that can be done to get the most for your money.

So, are you replacing a system, does it have Win 10 already? You can transfer the licence and save a chunk here.
Are there any parts from the old system you would want to keep? (SSD for example)
Whats the max budget you are looking at?
Monitor you have, looks like you are saying its 1080p and 60Hz? which is pretty low spec these days. Are you open to sorting a new monitor out? Or is there a plan to replace it later down the line?

All these things can help putting a build together that will give you good performance, but also not waste money or bottleneck the system.

Slick_gaming

From the build, im assuming the 1080p monitor is a temporary thing?
If I did that build, i would expect to buy a 1440p 144Hz monitor and upgrade the GPU in the next 6 months or so.
If sticking 1080p theres a lot of bits that are overpowered and will be wasted, and even at 1080p that sort of level build would need to be a 144Hz monitor, 60Hz would bottleneck it even further.

If you are streaming, doing some editing (not talking professional "its my job" level) and gaming, and it sounds like you have an existing build? there a lot that can be done to get the most for your money.

So, are you replacing a system, does it have Win 10 already? You can transfer the licence and save a chunk here.
Are there any parts from the old system you would want to keep? (SSD for example)
Whats the max budget you are looking at?
Monitor you have, looks like you are saying its 1080p and 60Hz? which is pretty low spec these days. Are you open to sorting a new monitor out? Or is there a plan to replace it later down the line?

All these things can help putting a build together that will give you good performance, but also not waste money or bottleneck the system.
I won’t be upgrading my monitor any time soon as I only had this one for a year it’s a 1080 144hz. I meant that I want to stream the quality at 1080p60 and only have a budget of 1,350. I don’t have another system so I need the ssd for my games and 2TB HDD because I want to use nvidia shadow play and other files. This is also my first gaming pc and I’m thinking in a few years if I do get a new monitor I could purchase a better GPU,but if you would like you could maybe put together a pc that fits my needs, budget and monitor.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I won’t be upgrading my monitor any time soon as I only had this one for a year it’s a 1080 144hz. I meant that I want to stream the quality at 1080p60 and only have a budget of 1,350. I don’t have another system so I need the ssd for my games and 2TB HDD because I want to use nvidia shadow play and other files. This is also my first gaming pc and I’m thinking in a few years if I do get a new monitor I could purchase a better GPU,but if you would like you could maybe put together a pc that fits my needs, budget and monitor.
That all fits well for your uses. The 1660 Super will do 1080p 144hz happily, and the 3800x will happily handle streaming with the extra cores. You’ve future proofed it well with the B550 also. The 750w PSU will comfortably fit any GPU upgrade you wish in the future. It’s a solid platform.

The only things I’d mention is that case has static fans so you can’t control the speeds of them, and as such it can be a bit loud. If you’re ok with that that’s ok, but thought I’d mention it if you’re streaming. As an alternative, the Lian Li runs much quieter and has good rgb.

That all fits well for your uses. The 1660 Super will do 1080p 144hz happily, and the 3800x will happily handle streaming with the extra cores. You’ve future proofed it well with the B550 also. The 750w PSU will comfortably fit any GPU upgrade you wish in the future. It’s a solid platform.

The only things I’d mention is that case has static fans so you can’t control the speeds of them, and as such it can be a bit loud. If you’re ok with that that’s ok, but thought I’d mention it if you’re streaming. As an alternative, the Lian Li runs much quieter and has good rgb.
Thanks for the tip on the case I have added that one and ordered.

Thanks all for your help