Can't access Origin or Steam Websites "The connection timed out"

I got my brand new computer today, everything seems to be working perfectly. However, I need to download the Steam and Origin client but when I click on the websites I get 'The connection has timed out' error message.

I don't have problems accessing any other websites and I can access the Origins website on my work laptop which is on the same wifi connection. I just need the Origin installation file but I have no way of accessing it. A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Help! All I want to do is download the app to my desktop so I can log in and access my games.

Attachments

• connection timed out.PNG
    connection timed out.PNG
    30.8 KB · Views: 70

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got my brand new computer today, everything seems to be working perfectly. However, I need to download the Steam and Origin client but when I click on the websites I get 'The connection has timed out' error message.

I don't have problems accessing any other websites and I can access the Origins website on my work laptop which is on the same wifi connection. I just need the Origin installation file but I have no way of accessing it. A screenshot of the error message is attached.

Help! All I want to do is download the app to my desktop so I can log in and access my games.
What are your full specs from the order page?

What antivirus are you running?

Can you take a screenshot of your network adapter screen?

2020-03-24 19_01_12-Window.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can uninstall Kaspersky but accessing these websites was a problem before I installed it so I don't think that it's the source of the problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can uninstall Kaspersky but accessing these websites was a problem before I installed it so I don't think that it's the source of the problem.
I don't think it is either, but it may well be complicating things while we're troubleshooting, we need to remove factors.

What browser are you using? Does this happen in all browsers?

If you open up cmd and try "ping origin.com" does that return success? If so, what are the ping rates?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
What browser are you using? It looks like a Firefox message to me.

Do you have thd same problem with Edge?

Last edited: