Can't get access to my Sky account online.

al shookup

Bronze Level Poster
I have purchased a VPN today but now find I am denied access to my SKY account. The message I get is as follows...

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "[a link to sky's support site I think]" on this server.
Reference #18.2f764d68.1653062962.13561245

any help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rakk

The Awesome
I have purchased a VPN today but now find I am denied access to my SKY account. The message I get is as follows...

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "[a link to sky's support site I think]" on this server.

any help is appreciated.

Access Denied normally means the password is wrong, or there is a problem with the account, or even that there are problems with the login process of Sky at the time.

If changing the password doesn't help, or you're sure its correct, and the problem still persists after a day or so I'd give Sky a call to see what's up - though they will only speak to the account holder.

Edit: oops, I totally missed the bit about the VPN, oops ....

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Access Denied

any help is appreciated.
A lot of regionally blocked sites like sky won't play nice on a VPN as the VPN will give you a foreign IP, or sometimes to avoid getting past geo restrictions from other countries, the website will block vpns entirely.

On decent VPNs you can set what's called split tunnelling where you can activate the VPN, but set say a secondary browser that is excluded from it.

So for instance I use edge for my normal browsing via the VPN but then have Firefox setup with split tunnelling to allow me to acces any VPN sensitive websites.

Last edited: