Can't sign into Steam :(

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I just get the "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers" message.

I'm on W10. Connected via TP Link home plugs (but also wouldn't work with WiFi).

I've checked Windows firewall has Steam as an exception, it does.

Any ideas?

Thank you :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You should go to the steam forum and open a thread to complain about the awful service you are receiving, it could definitely cause psychological damage. Open several threads defaming Steam and also demand an improvement in the service or.................just wait. I had the same problem for a bit :)

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I often have this issue on my laptop, tends to fix itself if i try login without the password remembered. No clue why that helps, probably a bug on wifi

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Guys, can i ask about steam?

Never used it. I am trying to get back into Gaming as been years since i had a go as i only have ETS2 now.

What advantage does steam have? Thanks

Of course. This is the internet - you can ask ANYTHING :D

It's kind of like an online, digital library, of games. You purchase through steam and download from steam. You can also buy DLC, earn achievements etc..... it's good. Does very cheap summer/January sales too.

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Naiphe

Bronze Level Poster
Id recommend downloading both steam and origin :) just make sure to go into options and uncheck "start on windows startup" because otherwise they both load when you start windows by default and it can get annoying.

They are basically the same thing. Ones run by EA (origin) and ones run by Valve (Steam). Both have great games (some exclusive) including free to play ones. Both have great deals and price reductions! Origin also gives away free games every so often although most of these are older games.

I cant remember the last time I ordered a game off of amazon or went into a shop. I buy everything through these as it saves a fortune.

Rakk

The Awesome
I cant remember the last time I ordered a game off of amazon or went into a shop. I buy everything through these as it saves a fortune.

Though then comes the problem of the Summer Sale and getting loads of stuff cheap and then never actually getting round to playing half of it at least :)

Naiphe

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I have quite a few like that :(

Not as bad as some people I've seen. But yeah the likes of 'europa universalis 4' which I got on sale with all the expansion packs looks incredibly fun but I just never get around to learning how to play it.

Its ironic that I have some 40+ games on steam, however the game I have played most on steam is free to play: team fortress two at some 1500 hours :) infact I would recommend downloading steam just to play team fortress 2. Silly fun game :D

Naiphe

Bronze Level Poster
origin is giving away red alert 2 and its expansion pack yuris revenge, and steam is giving away Amnesia: The Dark Descent free today :)