Car Restoration

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Hi All,

This is a completely rogue question on this forum but given I'm lingering and not in a rush currently, I know there's a few enthusiasts that may be able to point me in the right direction.

I'll keep this brief, we've inherited a millennium edition Ford Focus that has extreme sentimental value to my partner. Alongside that, we've also inherited enough to get this fully restored (I'd like to imagine..)

My question is, where do I start looking to take the old girl for the full works? are there any companies nationwide that cater for the full shebang, such as welding, part replacement etc. Paint work isn't a huge issue at the moment as it's in quite good nick, it's more the structural and parts that would of died for being sat for so long.

If anyone is fortunate (/s) enough to live in the surrounding high wycombe area, literal recommendations are more than welcome.

Many thanks! - As I said, absolute long shot but as I'm lingering while WFH it's worth a post!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Is that the yellow one?

Not sure on any places in your area but you're looking for a bodyshop with fabrication facilities. Any classic car shop with a good reputation would likely have you covered. The irony is that the paint is the least important aspect of it. Having a good body shop is the key.

A quick search for me brought up the place below. You would need to check some reviews etc but looking at the work in their pics they take on the sort of job you are after.

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Is that the yellow one?

Not sure on any places in your area but you're looking for a bodyshop with fabrication facilities. Any classic car shop with a good reputation would likely have you covered. The irony is that the paint is the least important aspect of it. Having a good body shop is the key.

A quick search for me brought up the place below. You would need to check some reviews etc but looking at the work in their pics they take on the sort of job you are after.

Had a good feeling your name would pop up here!

Yes the yellow one, as it goes I'm a big fan of a Ford Focus so looking forward to getting her up and running again.

Thanks for the directions mate, will definitely help ten fold with our search!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That'll be a great car to have restored. What is the mileage on it out of curiosity?

Definitely a keeper :)

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
That'll be a great car to have restored. What is the mileage on it out of curiosity?

Definitely a keeper :)
Will have to get a look, she's all covered up in the garage at the moment. From memory I think it's between 70-80k but I could be completely lying at it may be considerably lower (30s, 40s) will revert back when I've had a look this evening/weekend.