Case fans/colours

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys

I'm planning on buying three 200mm fans and a 140mm fan to send to PCS to put in my HAF X when my PC gets ordered. Colour scheme wise, i'd like the LEDs to be red and green. I'm planning on putting one of NZXTs strings of LEDS in the case to light the inside green, the front 230mm fan will stay its original red, and im not quite sure yet what the other fans will be (suggestions welcome).
I was wondering firstly would NZXT fans fit/work in a coolermaster case? (NZXT are the only guys i can find who do green 200mm) Secondly I can't find any of their FS200 green LED 200mm case fans in the UK, can anyone help? And lastly, shades- would shades of red/green from different companies be the same shade, eg having a certain shade of green inside then a different shade of green on a fan would just look stupid.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
coolermaster does do 200mm green led fans. which is why the haf x nvidia is created for its green theme. the 200mm green fan is on the side panel or can be switched to the top. unless they not not doing them anymore?

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
Well I couldn't find any! I found 120mm, 140mm and one 230mm green fan (all brands).

PS just googled haf x nvidia. OMG do want. rep for you for showing me the way to true gaming enlightenment

JoshEly

Bronze Level Poster
cheers lol

it looked amazing at first but after 5 mins of research into it, i've decided I don't want a case that looks like a flourescent plastic blob! :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If it was my haf-x i would use the 200mm megaflow fans due to the reason at max they spin a 700rpm but shift 110cfm!
1. keep the 230mm front fan!.
2. keep the megaflow 200mm side fan.
3. Have two megaflow 200mm exhaust fans.
4. With reference to the 140mm fan....hmm depends what CPu cooler you are going to have? If you going for the titan i'd opt for a 140mm fan, like you are thinking. But if you opt for the ALC ECO, what you could do is purchase two decent 120mm fans with high static pressure, (reccomend akasa vipers) changing the stock fan on the radiator with one 120mm fan, and the other 120mm on the front of the radiator (so one either side, in push/pull config) The benefits in my opinion of this is increased space in and around the motherboard, and increased airflow. Below is links to pics of my rig, inside might be useful to show you what I mean about the push/pull
Hope this helps
https://picasaweb.google.com/113396439337460698683/Jul152011?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6ooJGsnICtxAE
https://picasaweb.google.com/113396439337460698683/Jul15201102?authkey=Gv1sRgCLanm7DVjsT-GA