CCC Fan Offset

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
Can somebody help me with a brief explanation of how the fan offset in fan control on Clevo Control Centre works? Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nova 😊
Ah, apologies. Iirc, the fan control in clevo control center isn’t very good, in fact I’m not certain if adjusting the fan curves actually overrides the BIOS defaults?

Can you take a screenshot of the fan control window just so I can verify I’m being accurate?

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
Screenshot below. Offset is available only on automatic mode which is to be expected I guess. Just wasn't sure on its purpose or function? If CCC fan control isn't the best, do you suggest any alternatives?

Capture.PNG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Screenshot below. Offset is available only on automatic mode which is to be expected I guess. Just wasn't sure on its purpose or function? If CCC fan control isn't the best, do you suggest any alternatives?

View attachment 17735

I'm not 100% sure what it does, I'm guessing if you increase it above 100% it will increase the fans by that amount, and below reduces it?

I've been advised by a few people that Obsidian fan control is well worth a look, it's expensive though, that's the only drawback, but works with any Clevo chassis (currently on sale for 30 Euros).

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
Obsidian fan control does look good, very detailed control options available and I may take a look at it actually. I have however just discovered a handy freeware tool for Clevo chassis machines. RLEC Viewer It is a basic fan control that has auto mode with a max target temp and also a manual mode where you can set speeds depending on temp.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Obsidian fan control does look good, very detailed control options available and I may take a look at it actually. I have however just discovered a handy freeware tool for Clevo chassis machines. RLEC Viewer It is a basic fan control that has auto mode with a max target temp and also a manual mode where you can set speeds depending on temp.
If that does it then that’s gonna be just as good I’m sure, thanks for the link.

mrlip

Gold Level Poster
Yeah I will dig into manual mode tomorrow. The obsidian tool looks like it has smoothing options and you can configure how often the fan proves the CPU and GPU to help avoid brief fan spikes, but as you say, I think with the right manual settings RLEC viewer looks like it can do a good job. :)