Charger Pin Extremely Hot

MrShteeeve

Hi all, it's been a while!

Just thought i's drop in and leave a question as i'm curious as to what I can do with the below;

I own an Optimus II 17" (yes I know, old!), and has served me well over the years, still doing so now, apart from one thing... When under load and running off A/C the charger pin gets so hot that it has melted the cover around it (to some degree) and also the yellow plastic insert is now more dirty yellow, actually more black... Because of all this, I have to be very specified in how I plug in the A/C and what angle it needs to be kept at, which is pain when I want to run at full whack to get the best out of some games. The brick itself is luke warm, it's literally just the pin and the VGA port (which is located right next to the A/C port) which get unbearably hot.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance!

Steve

steaky360

Have you cleaned the insides of your PC at all? Seems as though its running very hot, I'd be curious to determine whether its the charger/pin that's getting hot or if (perhaps more likely) its the CPU/GPU fan causing the heat to build up.

MrShteeeve

Have you cleaned the insides of your PC at all? Seems as though its running very hot, I'd be curious to determine whether its the charger/pin that's getting hot or if (perhaps more likely) its the CPU/GPU fan causing the heat to build up.

I'm currently running High Performance with PSCX2 open in the background playing FFXII and this is the speccy screenshot;

detuad.png