Check my spec? Thanks!

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Hi all, this is my finalized spec that i have come to. Please could you let me know if there are any major flaws or problems with it. Just so you know, i will be using it for some gaming eg BF3, COD, GTA and minecraft etc, I will also be using it for Itunes- hence the big 3TB hdd, photo and video editing. I also wanted it to be a bit future proof. Hopefully this will last me a good 5 years or so? Thanks, Henry. :)

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X T1 DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6950 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
2nd Graphics Card
2GB AMD RADEON™ HD6950 - 2 DVI,HDMI,2 mDP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
3rd Hard Disk
3TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD30EZRX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£65)
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)
USB Options
4 PORT USB 2.0 INTERNAL PCI CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (1 License Product Key Card) (£82)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD1920x1080 (£139
2nd Monitor
3rd Monitor
Webcam
Logitech® HD Webcam C510 - 720p HD Video, 8 Megapixel Photos (£35)
Surge Protection
6 Socket Compact 2M UFO Surge Protector (£9)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £2,421.00 including VAT and delivery.

Thanks again!!!!!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
drop the 2133MHz RAM, the 1333MHz or 1600MHz RAM will be more than fine

go for a single 580 rather than 2 6950s, one powerhouse card is better

do you really need over 5TB?

get a 1050W PSU to add a second 580 later

do you need the 3 monitors? your gameplay settings wont be anywhere near as high as on one monitor

heza121

Silver Level Poster
I will probably drop the RAM down a bit because it is a bit much. I was told by a number of people to go for the 2 6950s because I will be using 4 monitors setup. And as for the 5 TB, I will being the ssd for my moat used applications, OS and maybe one or two games, the 2TB will be for everything else, whilst the 3TB will be for iTunes. Thanks.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If your going for 4 monitors, then stick with radeon, but i'd push for 6970's and a 1000w psu,

Drop to the kingston 1600mhz ram

I'd drop the extra usb ports, i have that motherboard and have about 12 usb ports without extra.

Do you really need the blu ray drive?

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Would having the 6970's be worth it? Would i see much of a difference? Do you know roughly how much more that would be? :S It's just that I have pritty much already maxed out my budget!!! :S

I will drop the RAM because it is a bit overkill, haha.

Also sounds like i could drop the extra usb ports then. Thats good, i didnt think i would have enough, but it sure sounds like i will now! thanks.

Yeah i will keep the bluray as i hope to watch some of my blurays on my new pc! :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it would definitely be worth it but if you cant afford it, get one now with a 1050W PSU, and then in a months time or so get another, maybe later depending on multiple things

it may be best to buy it just after the release of the new Radeon 7000 range whenever that is, then your cards price will drop

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Would having the 6970's be worth it? Would i see much of a difference? Do you know roughly how much more that would be? :S It's just that I have pritty much already maxed out my budget!!! :S

Personally I think it will make a difference, some may disagree. You do have a pretty big budget, if it was mine i would want the best everything.

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Ah, sounds like a good idea, so if i replaced the 2 6950s with one 6970 for now, would i still be able to use 4 monitors? And will it still work just as well or not? Also im not very good with building pcs, hence why im not doing it myself, PCS are! haha, so would i be able to get someone in to install the card for me? :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
umm i doubt that you can get someone to put it in, its not all that hard, put it in the right slots and screw down, then follow some instructions to install the software

heza121

Silver Level Poster
Ok thanks, looks like I will have to consult Google when it comes to it. :) is it teally worth getting the 6970s? :S

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i personally think its worth it, you will need to buy the eyefinity adaptor as well, it should be availale somewhere on the configurator

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
basically what the multi monitor setup is called, next to the card it will say (eyefinity 3/4/5) and the number basically means how many monitors it will accept