Check Nuc spec

swcoruscant

Hi

I'm not very familiar with the technical specs of PCs but I have been looking at getting a new gaming laptop for a while now, but my key concern is that I really hardly ever use my laptop outside the home, and both previous laptops have ended up having power issues, and I want to avoid that, but also want a portable option if I do want it e.g going on a long holiday etc, so with that in mind I thought a mini pc would be the way to go, and looking at the options here I decided to settle on a Nuc. I would likely not get a fancy monitor and i do not need it to be too overpowered as I do most of my gaming on PS4 and only really play strategy games like Total War & Civilisation or sims like Planet Coaster on PC. I may also do a bit of light video editing, but not often. I would like it to be a bit future-proof though. Bearing that in mind, please can you check the below specs and advise if this would suit my purposes. Thanks in advance.

Case
Intel Ghost Canyon NUC Case (NUC9I7QNX)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6GHz, 4.5GHz Turbo)
Motherboard
Intel NUC 9 Ultra Small Form Factor (THUNDERBOLT 3, HDMI, USB 3.1 GEN 2)
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB) (not sure 16GB is really necessary but thought it might suit better in terms of future-proofing a little?)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready! (I'm aware this is out of stock at the moment)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

Last edited: