Chilled Beverage Lifehack

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Evening all, I just wanted to share a trick I’ve recently become acquainted with.

Now that we’re in a sustained period of hot weather and lockdown is easing, you may find yourself in a position where you have unexpected guests at short notice wanting the pleasure of your company. But OH NO, you haven’t any refrigerated grown-up beverages.

Whatever will you do? Do you really want your friends to remember you as the person who served them a warm lager or a toasty sauvignon blanc?

If you need to chill your drinks fast, here’s your solution. Grab a slice of kitchen roll, wrap it around the bottle or can and give it a little dousing with cold water, like so:

CB2BCF63-07A4-4EA1-86B3-8A4F6DDCF66A.jpeg

Then all you need to do is bung it in the freezer for a little while. Much, much quicker than traditional methods, this particular can of Punk IPA was icy cold in twenty minutes 👍👍👍

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Evening all, I just wanted to share a trick I’ve recently become acquainted with.

Now that we’re in a sustained period of hot weather and lockdown is easing, you may find yourself in a position where you have unexpected guests at short notice wanting the pleasure of your company. But OH NO, you haven’t any refrigerated grown-up beverages.

Whatever will you do? Do you really want your friends to remember you as the person who served them a warm lager or a toasty sauvignon blanc?

If you need to chill your drinks fast, here’s your solution. Grab a slice of kitchen roll, wrap it around the bottle or can and give it a little dousing with cold water, like so:

View attachment 26988

Then all you need to do is bung it in the freezer for a little while. Much, much quicker than traditional methods, this particular can of Punk IPA was icy cold in twenty minutes 👍👍👍
Just be careful not to forget it is in the freezer to avoid potentially messy consequences

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 26988

I totally just put them in the fridge :D

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Remember kids, if you keep your vodka/aquavit/gin in the freezer, it won't totally freeze and you'll be left with a slushy...

However, that slushy will be made up of frozen water and unfrozen alcohol, so you'll get a bit more of a kick out of it than normal o_O

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
We keep a wet tea towel in the fridge for when Rudy comes back from a walk in the heat (it's 31C outside right now (at 1:15am)). We drop it across his back and the results are almost instant, he stops panting and just lies down. The cool tiled floor helps as well of course. And the aircon. 🐶

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Remember kids, if you keep your vodka/aquavit/gin in the freezer, it won't totally freeze and you'll be left with a slushy...

However, that slushy will be made up of frozen water and unfrozen alcohol, so you'll get a bit more of a kick out of it than normal o_O
If you get the proper stuff that is more than 40% ABV, it won’t go slushy. Vodka straight from the freezer does need to be be tried.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you get the proper stuff that is more than 40% ABV, it won’t go slushy. Vodka straight from the freezer does need to be be tried.
Ooooo, god, frozen vodka is like silk from angels, tastes completely different, you do need a decent vodka for it to freeze properly though, won’t work with the cheapies. But a good frozen Stolli is like drinking nectar 👍🏼

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Nope nope nope. I will never drink vodka again after it gave birth to the stupidest game ever… As this is a family friendly forum I will remain tight lipped 😶👍
Nope nope nope, you've said too much, we need much more detail, PM me for best results ;)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Nope nope nope. I will never drink vodka again after it gave birth to the stupidest game ever… As this is a family friendly forum I will remain tight lipped 😶👍
I think I've already told my vodka story, and we wont go there again.................

rouchie

Rising Star
Vodka Triv was a game we used to play on Saturday afternoons back in the day whe n the pubs would shut between lunchtime and evening, always leading to a very messy evening. Basically Trivial Pursuits with the element of a shot of Vodka everytime you got a question wrong

Last edited: