Cities: Skylines II

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
reviews on steam seem to be mixed for this as well, seems poor optimisation is the main bone of contention

so much so the devs put out an official statement

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The range of PC hardware out there will always mean there's going to be a degree of PC optimisation that will be difficult to achieve when developing games, so developers do have my sympathy to an extent. Colossal Order's a company of 30 people, so for them to have done the Cities In Motion games and followed up with Cities: Skylines is pretty impressive. The sequel seems to have been a step too far at this point, but I'm sure they'll get it right in time.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
The range of PC hardware out there will always mean there's going to be a degree of PC optimisation that will be difficult to achieve when developing games, so developers do have my sympathy to an extent. Colossal Order's a company of 30 people, so for them to have done the Cities In Motion games and followed up with Cities: Skylines is pretty impressive. The sequel seems to have been a step too far at this point, but I'm sure they'll get it right in time.

i think what can annoy players is a game is released and for the money spent it is treated as as beta to begin with, just goes to show the virtue of waiting for games to improve via updates.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
this has also received mixed reviews for optimisation issues

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
this has also received mixed reviews for optimisation issues

The original ARK game was like that from what I remember and took a while to get sorted. It did get sorted eventually though!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
The original ARK game was like that from what I remember and took a while to get sorted. It did get sorted eventually though!

one can hope a few patches get released

whats denz looking forward to for xmas

im guessing gaming, family be like, "put this steam code in and be done with it"

Psychic Will Ferrell GIF - Psychic WillFerrell Anchorman - Discover ...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
i think what can annoy players is a game is released and for the money spent it is treated as as beta to begin with, just goes to show the virtue of waiting for games to improve via updates.
There is definitely a lot of truth in the paid beta approach from so many games now. I'm not buying CS2 for a while yet (backlog's gonna backlog!), but I'm a little more forgiving on the paid beta approach from such a small company as I said in my first post in the topic. When studios backed by the likes of EA/Sony/Microsoft/etc do the paid beta thing, I'm less forgiving as they could clearly have delayed release a little to sort the issues out.