Clarify the "processing time" in the "my orders" section

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
very cool.. i was a bit gutted there wasnt an internal dvd like i asked for bit i suppose they can only fit it if the chassis will allow it.. although it sweetened the deal that they chucked an extra 1tb hard drive in as well as an external DVD drive

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
i was a bit gutted there wasnt an internal dvd like i asked for bit i suppose they can only fit it if the chassis will allow it..
I'm afraid that's exactly right - and almost no high end gaming laptops today offer internal dvd / bluray drives. That's been the case for a few years now.

Very nice of them to add some extra storage - I take it you mean for free :)

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
it was until i called them about the dvd drive to complain and he saw they had marked down more hdds and offered to take the laptop back to remove it, so i just paid the cost of the HDD i tried to get it them to sell it to me cheaper but his manager wasnt having any of it

I was suprised to see no DVD drive in my laptop build but luckily I had bought an external DVD RW drive from eBay due to my partners laptop off ebuyer didn't have one.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was suprised to see no DVD drive in my laptop build but luckily I had bought an external DVD RW drive from eBay due to my partners laptop off ebuyer didn't have one.
Yeah, it's not really a thing anymore, very few chassis come with in built DVD/Bluray drives anymore, haven't done for years now.

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
Watched a dvd on the external DVD player last night it worked okay couldn’t get it working on windows media player for some reason but worked a charm on VLC

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Not as bad as the new MS one, the built in playback software for Win 10 - "Film & TV" ?

Keeps trying to get me to buy codecs. VLC and every other free media player I tried just plays the video.

At least WMP from what I remember had the grace to just not work 80% of the time so you knew not to bother opening it in the first place! :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Not as bad as the new MS one, the built in playback software for Win 10 - "Film & TV" ?

Keeps trying to get me to buy codecs. VLC and every other free media player I tried just plays the video.

At least WMP from what I remember had the grace to just not work 80% of the time so you knew not to bother opening it in the first place! :)
I don’t know what MS are thinking with this codec nonsense in 2020, almost all media players these days cover all file types.

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

How long does the stage 'pre-production' last for PCS desktop builds? My new build has been at this stage since last Friday - 3 working days.

I placed my order last Tuesday - 7th January.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

Last edited: