Clarify the "processing time" in the "my orders" section

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Oh yes.. dont worry i understand.. expect the unexpected!
[pedantic mode on]
You can't expect the unexpected. By its very nature anything unexpected is not expected. If you were able to expect the unexpected then it would not longer be unexpected but, in fact, expected. I expect you already know that, although I'm sure this response was unexpected.
[pedantic mode off]

There. That's wasted a good two minutes of your waiting time. You're welcome! ;)

VenatoS

[pedantic mode on]
You can't expect the unexpected. By its very nature anything unexpected is not expected. If you were able to expect the unexpected then it would not longer be unexpected but, in fact, expected. I expect you already know that, although I'm sure this response was unexpected.
[pedantic mode off]

There. That's wasted a good two minutes of your waiting time. You're welcome! ;)

Did you turn something on to get notified by e-mail?

I haven't gotten a single e-mail notification from PCS during my process.

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
I didn’t turn anything on are you sure you didn’t turn something off.. I have received an email at every step

kelstu

Gold Level Poster
That means they completed mine in 5 and a half days! well less technically.. as they were only open half a day the day before new years day and closed news days and it was finished this morning..

eliver

Hello everyone.. just wanted to ask if I should give PCS a call or send an online message with regards to my order.. I know every information is on the website, and I ordered during the holidays.. :)
order.jpg

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Laptop or desktop?

Tbh, 8 working days pre-production isn't particularly unusual, so I doubt a phone call is necessary unless you paid specifically for 3 or 5 day turnaround

eliver

Thanks Venatos. It's a desktop Oussebon and I didn't pay to expedite my order. Just out of curiosity though, when is it "ideal" to contact PCS? And when should I start worrying?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Bearing in mind it's an estimate, what estimate were you given when you placed the order?

At the bottom of the order quote it says something like:

Build Time: Standard Build - Approximately X to Y working days

eliver

Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days. So, it's normal right? :) coz it still says pre-production..

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Yeah, it's 100% normal

The overwhelming majority of the time for your order will be pre-production. i.e. your order is sat in a queue waiting for one of the many builders to get to building it. They are currently building systems of people who ordered before you did.

Once they start building the process tends to move very quickly. It doesn't take long to build, then it needs to go for testing and QC. Assuming no issues are identified it will get packed and shipped pretty fast. Often all that within a couple of days.

Obviously it's only an estimate and you might end up waiting a bit longer, but with any luck you'll see some movement this week :) If it were me I'd probably call them on Tuesday if I'd heard nothing as that would be day 13, though calling doesn't really do much as they'll build it as soon as they can

Edit: Just to be clear - 12 isn't a magic number - I didn't say Day 13 because of @VenatoS post, I said Tuesday because I normally give companies the end of the week and then Monday's grace before chasing them when I feel like being nice!

Last edited: