Classics - Remind us of the ones that still make you move

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

I got this through the post today and there's a part of me that feels shame over it, but more than that I feel pride as it's a cracking tune!

IMG_1831.jpeg

What are some of your classic tracks?

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is there a requisite that it be kind of embarrassing like the above entry?

If so I'd say Vengaboys - Boom Boom Boom is a tune for when you're drunk.

Unironic classic though Careless Whisper - George Michael. Such a brilliant tune

Last edited by a moderator:

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Barbie Girl? :unsure: OK, that's too embarassing even for me.....

Anything by the Stone Roses drags me back to my late teens - "I Am The Resurrection" will always have me tapping my feet involuntarily. 8:15 of pure bliss with the last four and a half minutes or so being 'other planet' level zone out music for me. It always makes me happy!

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Too many to choose from really. Here are a few from some of my favourite bands as a starter. I could pick many more from the same groups.
Led Zeppelin Kashmir
ELO Mr Blue Sky
Rush Xanadu
Rush 2112
Supertramp Fool’s Overture
Fleetwood Mac The Chain

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Parlez-Vous Francais? by Art vs Science. A tune so big it struggles to fit in most rooms.

If that’s not old enough to be considered for this thread, then I’d go for Stevie Wonder’s Living for the City. I always used to play this when I was getting ready to hit the town.

dani72

Silver Level Poster
There are just so many that I have to break them down by genre:

Drum & Bass

House

Hip Hop

Rock

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Stayin' Alive is one of the all time best disco songs of all time, I reckon. Incredible tune.
Mrs Cooper does a great Barry Gibb impersonation when that song plays; wine glasses shatter, local dogs go mental and bats bounce off our windowpanes.

She has also put her hat into the ring when asked about a song that makes you move and whilst it’s different... I can’t argue with her choice.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Mrs Cooper does a great Barry Gibb impersonation when that song plays; wine glasses shatter, local dogs go mental and bats bounce off our windowpanes.

She has also put her hat into the ring when asked about a song that makes you move and whilst it’s different... I can’t argue with her choice.

One Mrs Cooper may like, this was my exes favorite, such a great tune for a sunday morning while cooking a fry up:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I never actually realised it was them that did that one! Seems so obvious now mind you listening to it now....

I love the pronunciation of ‘Massachussez’ too! 🙂
Late 60s Bee Gees are criminally underrated, they smashed out some brilliant songs before they became symbolic as a disco band.

One Mrs Cooper may like, this was my exes favorite, such a great tune for a sunday morning while cooking a fry up:

Already ahead of you! We are lame. If we’re making breakfast, we play that song 😳

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Some more classics in a different vein
Rachmaninoff 2nd Piano Concerto
Gorecki 3rd Symphony- this starts very quietly, so don’t turn the volume up too loud
Grieg Piano Concerto
Catrin Finch SOAR
OMG - Racmaninoff was on another planet! His Prelude in C Sharp Minor is one of the most incredible examples of the pure power of chords. The story behind it is amazing also!

First section:

He had a dream - he was attending a funeral. He recognised many of the people there but they seemed to be ignoring him.

Then:

He noticed the coffin lid was open so he thought he’d see who it was that had died. He begins to walk towards it. The closer he gets he has a strange sensation - something isn’t right - he walks faster and faster - until - he sees who it is lying in the coffin - HIMSELF!!!! 😱

Rest of Piece:

OMG!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I love that guy Rousseau on YT. One of the first to make vids that way and he’s been copied by many since. He does loads of contemporary stuff too. Worth checking out.

It makes pieces so much more dimensional - and allows you appreciate the complexity in a new way.

Beethoven’s Moonlight Snata 3rd Movement:

Or Liszt - the equally insane composer on a Rachmaninoff style planet of craziness. What were these people thinking when they wrote these things?

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I find classical music genuinely challenging, there's so much going on that it's an assault on the senses.

I think this is more my métier...