Classics - Remind us of the ones that still make you move

D

Deleted member 41971

for i, am discosparta

- Copy.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was a fan of the Moody Blues in my youth, you probably know them from 'Nights in white satin' but they were a stand-out group in the late 60's and were on a different level to much of that beat-pop era. This is the Moodys from 1969 in one of my favourites, their harmonising was a cut above most others of the time....

Then of course there is the 'anthem of the late 60's' - this is also from 1969 and everyone was singing it at the time....

And who can forget 'Classical G.A.S.' by Mason WIlliams (1968). He played all the instruments himself, recorded it himself, and mixed it all together himself. A true musical genius - but this was a one-hit wonder. (G.A.S. stands for Guitar And Symphony). So many new musical directions were opening in the 60's, a wonderful time to be alive.....

Last edited:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I love this song
The two versions are beautiful and move me every time
(the original was from Jacques Brel, a french singer)
May you like them

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
As we are going back to 1969 and further, Live at Leeds by The Who should not be ignored. It doesn’t sound over 50 years old.
Yes! Truly phenomenal album, scintillating from start to finish. Great shout.

I read the other day that The Who’s tour bus broke down and is beyond repair. It won’t get fuelled again 😶

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As we are going back to 1969 and further, Live at Leeds by The Who should not be ignored. It doesn’t sound over 50 years old.
Don't knock the 60's, it might all sound very simple and dated to you now but there was an explosion in music styles and types during that decade. It was an exhilaring and inovative time. I guess you had to be there to appreciate it though. :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Don't knock the 60's, it might all sound very simple and dated to you now but there was an explosion in music styles and types during that decade. It was an exhilaring and inovative time. I guess you had to be there to appreciate it though. :)

Billy Connolly makes an excellent point regarding that in one of his standup routines. The invention of proper rock n roll music, where just about everything that you can bop your head to began.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Machine Gun Kelly - Forget Me Too

Oooofffttttt!!
His latest album was actually pretty decent, I'm loving the pop-punk resurgence that's happening and Travis Barker playing drums on the album really elevates it

The whole album was way better than it had any right to be

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I am not knocking the 60s, as that is the decade I arrived in this world.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I am not knocking the 60s, as that is the decade I arrived in this world.
Ah, the sixties. Unequivocally my favourite musical decade and probably where the most important strides in experimentation and recording techniques occurred.

My dad once looked at my record/CD collection and told me I was born in the wrong decade, I had all the music that he listened to as a lad. I could genuinely talk about sixties music all day and all of the night (sorry, couldn’t resist) but you’d all get bored and not want to play with me anymore.