Classics - Remind us of the ones that still make you move

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On the 60s theme, I do think this is one of the greatest songs ever both lyrically and musically, such a wonderful tune. I got a very limited edition 50th anniversary single of it that was released a couple of years ago, only made 500 copies.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
My musical decade was the 1970s, but not disco or punk. Rush, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, ELO, Supertramp, Queen, Jean Michel Jarre, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Genesis were a few of my favourite musical acts.

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
I've got a lot of music in my collection made before I was born.

My Dad was always playing oldies, especially when he got a CD player & started to buy discs of older artists.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Now I’m very glad you mentioned that one as my favourite artist of all time is Alan Price, who did the musical arrangement and played the organ on that track. His solo stuff is not all that well known but ace. He’s got a hint of a British Randy Newman about him in a lot of his lyrics. I’ll link a few songs, they won’t be to everyone’s tastes but I’m happy just to spread the word.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My musical decade was the 1970s, but not disco or punk. Rush, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, ELO, Supertramp, Queen, Jean Michel Jarre, Pink Floyd, Mike Oldfield, Genesis were a few of my favourite musical acts.
You would like the USB stick that resides in my car, Deep purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led zep, Yes, ELP, the blues band, Lindisfarne

Bigfoot

Grand Master
You would like the USB stick that resides in my car, Deep purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Led zep, Yes, ELP, the blues band, Lindisfarne
A few more bands there on my list. I don’t regard these as oldies, as these were the sounds of my teenage years. Very little today gets anywhere near.

edit: I forgot Fleetwood Mac

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A few more bands there on my list. I don’t regard these as oldies, as these were the sounds of my teenage years. Very little today gets anywhere near.

I'm trying to remember if there is any pink floyd on there........had the blues band all the way down to Bristol on sunday, and Yes all the way home, my 22 year old daughter didn't appreciate Yes on the way home :ROFLMAO:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This one is ... Well, enjoy it ;)
I've been fortunate to see him live at the NEC, and from row R in the front stalls (the first row behind the invited guests). He was breathtakingly brilliant and we'll never forget that night. And yes, the tickets were stupidly expensive, but worth it.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've been fortunate to see him live at the NEC, and from row R in the front stalls (the first row behind the invited guests). He was breathtakingly brilliant and we'll never forget that night. And yes, the tickets were stupidly expensive, but worth it.
Lucky you, just ...
Well, i was born too late ;)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

You're honestly missing out on a lot if you're not listening to current music. There are quite a few artists doing some really interesting things and creating some beautiful songs, I'm a big fan of Arlo Parks for example Black Dog is a wonderful haunting song. Her whole Album is well worth a listen

Then you have the kind of poppy indie rock sounds of the likes of Sam Fender which I love, the sheer amazement of Spiritbox and everything they are doing with prog metal/heavy rock. The resurgence of Pop-Punk with a Trap-Rap influence is really interesting and there's even the likes of Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes who really tap into that quintessential British sound in my opinion. You can hear the influence of hardcore, hard rock and indie rock vibes with Frank Carter who I think is a great front man and has been since his Gallows days.

Seriously dip your toes in more modern music is in a really good place right now

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You're honestly missing out on a lot if you're not listening to current music. There are quite a few artists doing some really interesting things and creating some beautiful songs, I'm a big fan of Arlo Parks for example Black Dog is a wonderful haunting song. Her whole Album is well worth a listen

Then you have the kind of poppy indie rock sounds of the likes of Sam Fender which I love, the sheer amazement of Spiritbox and everything they are doing with prog metal/heavy rock. The resurgence of Pop-Punk with a Trap-Rap influence is really interesting and there's even the likes of Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes who really tap into that quintessential British sound in my opinion. You can hear the influence of hardcore, hard rock and indie rock vibes with Frank Carter who I think is a great front man and has been since his Gallows days.

Seriously dip your toes in more modern music is in a really good place right now
I've heard these are pretty good (VC Pines) but their aunt might be slightly biased 😂

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

And I fully understand that. My problem is that we lived on our yacht from 2005 and just dropped out of the current music scene. When we moved ashore here in 2017 the artists were people we'd never heard of playing music we just didn't get. They don't play a lot of current UK artists in Greece either. TBH we've just stopped following current music, having dropped out in 2005 it's kind of impossible to get back on 12 or more years later. We now just play what we know and like.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And I fully understand that. My problem is that we lived on our yacht from 2005 and just dropped out of the current music scene. When we moved ashore here in 2017 the artists were people we'd never heard of playing music we just didn't get. They don't play a lot of current UK artists in Greece either. TBH we've just stopped following current music, having dropped out in 2005 it's kind of impossible to get back on 12 or more years later. We now just play what we know and like.
Totally get that. I disconnected entirely from music from about 2003 to around 2013. Its one of the areas I’ve concentrated on quite hugely in the last couple of years but music is one of my biggest pastimes and takes an enormous amount of time researching that I’m sure most others have better things to do with.

If I was living somewhere with local restaurants and weather like Greece I sure wouldn’t be stuck indoors nearly as much as I am here.