Cleaning the SR-628BG Case

Kaizure

Hi all,

I purchased this case just over a year ago and it's my first time working with a case with any glass in it.

As a result, I am unsure how to open it up and clean the front fans and glass which have started collecting dust and in the interest of making sure that this PC lasts as long as possible, I won't to clean the fans and wipe down the inside of the glass sooner rather than later.

Can anyone help was to how I will manage to do this as I can not see any way to take it off to clean it and avoid dust from falling into the PC or being able to access the inside of the glass plate?

Thanks!

steaky360

Hi did you supply your own case to PCS? I don't think I've ever seen this on the configurator?

From Solleron's website it looks like the front panel is clipped into place, but I can't find a manual for the case to refer too - did you receive a manual?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi did you supply your own case to PCS? I don't think I've ever seen this on the configurator?

From Solleron's website it looks like the front panel is clipped into place, but I can't find a manual for the case to refer too - did you receive a manual?
It was one of the PCS own brand options a while back- it’s the case I had before I swapped to the 275R AF

Hi all,

I purchased this case just over a year ago and it's my first time working with a case with any glass in it.

As a result, I am unsure how to open it up and clean the front fans and glass which have started collecting dust and in the interest of making sure that this PC lasts as long as possible, I won't to clean the fans and wipe down the inside of the glass sooner rather than later.

Can anyone help was to how I will manage to do this as I can not see any way to take it off to clean it and avoid dust from falling into the PC or being able to access the inside of the glass plate?

Thanks!
Looking at the PC so you’re looking into the PC from the side, there should be two thumb screws on the left of that panel (or at the back of the case) which you can unscrew then slide the panel back (or from right to left). Then screws on this case aren’t captive so will just fall out so make sure you put them in a safe place not to lose them.

To better access the front fans, the front panel should come off too. Putting your hand under the panel, you’ll feel a gap for airflow. Holding it there then giving it a sharp yank should have the panel off easily!

Any questions, ask away!