Cleaning your PC.....

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Just finsihed my second monthly PC clean and dust - fans and interior gently vacuumed - being careful not to knock anything in there of course - HDD bay too - and glass cleaned inside and out.

I do have my system on quite a lot each day but I am still amazed at how much dust accumulates in the fan filters. The RGB looks a little better afterwards I think!

My plan is to keep this as a monthly event. It's a short period of time that both my system and I set aside every 4 weeks to chat and get to know eachother better - an important first step and necessary part of a long relationship in my view.

What do the rest of you do? Do you regularly clean your system too? What's your maintenance regime?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
I clean my PC maybe once every 3 months, luckily I don't get much dust build-up, so after the 3 months I only need to give it a quick blowover with some compressed air. Usually spend about 30 mins on it that's all :)

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I clean my PC maybe once every 3 months, luckily I don't get much dust build-up, so after the 3 months I only need to give it a quick blowover with some compressed air. Usually spend about 30 mins on it that's all :)
I assume you don't talk to it then also?

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Uhhh...can't quite say I do...😅
Oh well. It's just me so!

My PC is on a little stand to keep it up off the floor, but it's a hardwood floor - which counter-intuitively can have more dust floating around than a carpet. Last month the PSU intake filter was pretty clean, but today it was pretty dusty. Perhaps the better weather and more doors open now and then has kicked some stuff around a bit more.....will have to lock the kids up again maybe.....

loso64

i should probably be better at cleaning my pc.... it is maybe like once a year done... Tho i did clean it last weak :D it is something?
I even bought a blower machine cuz the stupid compressed air cans were useless and spent too fast

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
i should probably be better at cleaning my pc.... it is maybe like once a year done... Tho i did clean it last weak :D it is something?
I even bought a blower machine cuz the stupid compressed air cans were useless and spent too fast
Anything is better than nothing!

I use my vacuum cleaner on low power with the soft brush attachment and just gently root around inside over any areas that look dusty. Top of the PSU shroud, top of the GPU, the CPU cooler fins, and the back of the fans mostly.

I find myself scared of compressed air! :eek:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You do know that most of the household dust that you're having to clean out is dead human skin? It's therefore wise of you to talk to it because there's probably as much of you stuck to the PC as there is in you!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
You do know that most of the household dust that you're having to clean out is dead human skin? It's therefore wise of you to talk to it because there's probably as much of you stuck to the PC as there is in you!
So I'm really talking to myself? Interesting! Then I can work on my personality disorder while I clean my system at the same time. It's a win-win!

loso64

I use my vacuum cleaner on low power with the soft brush attachment and just gently root around inside over any areas that look dusty. Top of the PSU shroud, top of the GPU, the CPU cooler fins, and the back of the fans mostly.

i bought this machine, air duster and vacuum cleaner combo. It blows air in pretty good rate and can also gently vacuum, perfect for keyboards or pc cleaning. Best of all, no condensation like the cans can have.

TomBerry

Bright Spark

Attachments

• CaringCheerfulBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif
    CaringCheerfulBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif
    886.6 KB · Views: 149

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken

You use a vacuum? 😮

Now that’s scary! My dad always warned me away from bringing the vacuum cleaner anywhere near the PC for fear of static electricity damage.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
You use a vacuum? 😮

Now that’s scary! My dad always warned me away from bringing the vacuum cleaner anywhere near the PC for fear of static electricity damage.
I never thought of that! You have me worried now! ⚡

At least I'm continuously touching/holding/caressing the metal chassis - but still - you are probably right. Hmmmm - I will have to rethink my strategy me thinks......

TomBerry

Bright Spark
I never thought of that! You have me worried now! ⚡

At least I'm continuously touching/holding/caressing the metal chassis - but still - you are probably right. Hmmmm - I will have to rethink my strategy me thinks......
Should try one of these! I've been thinking about going for it, but if you're doing it quite often it's definitely worth the investment :)