Clevo P870DM 17" with 980 Desktop

reiro

Hi i would like to see the P870DM with single 980 Desktop instead of SLI 970m/980m.

I think atm only [no advertising of other companies allowed] sells that in the UK. Hope PCS will bring that in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Hi!
Yeah that'd be awesome, and i even contacted PCS about this a few days ago, unfortunately they have no plans for the Vortex V Elite to get the gtx 980 option.
You'd have to get the Octane II Pro, which really is not that far behind a p870dm.

I guess you also want the p870dm instead of the p775dm because of the bigger cooling solution, but one of the employees of PCS told me that it only gets up to ~70 degrees under realistic gaming load, so no worries. you'll most likely be fine with the Octane II Pro

reiro

Hi!
Yeah that'd be awesome, and i even contacted PCS about this a few days ago, unfortunately they have no plans for the Vortex V Elite to get the gtx 980 option.
You'd have to get the Octane II Pro, which really is not that far behind a p870dm.

I guess you also want the p870dm instead of the p775dm because of the bigger cooling solution, but one of the employees of PCS told me that it only gets up to ~70 degrees under realistic gaming load, so no worries. you'll most likely be fine with the Octane II Pro

I somewhere read a review that the lid of the p775dm is a bit flimsy and can bend a little.
Also the fans get slightly louder than the p870dm. Furthermore the CPU can throttle a little.
For that money i rather go for a p870dm. Its the overall better laptop.

I guess i ve to get the model from elsewhere then.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunsch

Bronze Level Poster
Yup, also thought about that, you gotta dedice wether or not a few hundred bucks more is worth the p870dm with the desktop gpu, for me it is not and i'll probably buy the Octane II Pro, but a Vortex V Elite with a gtx 980 would still be amazing

Álvaro

Bronze Level Poster
I got the P775DM1, and although I have been unlucky in the CPU temp department (had to send it back for an RMA), the lid is way sturdier than both my HPEnvy and my supervisors's Macbook. Rocking the desk below it doesn't budge it much. The sound - another field in which the P870 is supposed to be better - is also top notch IMO, can watch movies at top volume in the system settigns (VLC media player is at 125%) without hearing artifacts or "tin noise". Can't vouch for the cooling until I get it back though...
I also wanted a 870 with the 980GTX GPU though :( but looks like I won't be dissapointed.