Cluvens Scorpion and Viewsonic LPD216-121 4K screen

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
homer would like one :LOL::love:

what are @ActuallyDenz thoughts

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Needs bigger monitors.

Something like our new Viewsonic LPD216-121 4K screen we had installed in our HQ office coffee area yesterday...

SC6_VIP-Room_pc_l.jpg

(this is a coffee area, not OUR coffee area - our's has people & windows)

...and trust me, seeing this being assembled was the best part of a break between two 4 hour workshops! The 4 hour commute each way didn't help either - but at least my commitment to go back into the office this quarter has been fulfilled :confused:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Needs bigger monitors.

Something like our new Viewsonic LPD216-121 4K screen we had installed in our HQ office coffee area yesterday...

SC6_VIP-Room_pc_l.jpg

...and trust me, seeing this being assembled was the best part of a break between two 4 hour workshops! The 4 hour commute each way didn't help either - but at least my commitment to go back into the office this quarter has been fulfilled :confused:
Are they sure that, that is big enough 😂😂😂

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It looks bigger in person, and they were putting the last 'tile' into place whilst I had my London-priced £3.50 Flat White.

They've got a couple of them connected together in the 2 large conference areas on the top floor, so that £30bn in sales last year is obviously contributing to some upgrades for the conferencing A/V team.

Sitting 5m away from that must be like having a 42" 4K OLED on your desk for gaming 😵‍💫 ...although thinking about it, 3 of those would be a good fit for that set-up and you can get 42" 4K OLEDs for less than £1k now...
2024-02-02_10-36-10.jpg

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

216 inches :love:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
216 inches :love:

Well, the 'spare parts' box that came with it was a black and aluminium case that was bigger than the box my whole computer came in.

The actual display must be foldable or modular as there's no way it was transported in one piece...and even our goods lifts aren't that big.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Well, the 'spare parts' box that came with it was a black and aluminium case that was bigger than the box my whole computer came in.

The actual display must be foldable or modular as there's no way it was transported in one piece...and even our goods lifts aren't that big.

silly question but how does it look in person? i.e. picture quality, viewing angles etc

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
No the really important question is will integrated graphics be OK, or will it need something like a 2060😂😂😂😂

so, if this is correct,

jesus h christ on a bicycle that's expensive

or cheaper :ROFLMAO:

Lisa Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
silly question but how does it look in person? i.e. picture quality, viewing angles etc
Viewing angles seemed very good, but they only had test pattern on it when I was getting my coffee (only know the model as it was quite prominent on the side of the transport case). Probably started to loose the best of the pattern clarity & contrast at about 60º (could have been more as I didn't have my protractor with me) and definitely terrible at 90º ;) . But then I don't know if that was just in a initial test mode or whether it needs to be configured/calibrated for specific conditions.

It's definitely better than the ones they've replaced, as you could see what looked like 1" squares from about 10m away, and the colours washed out after about 30º.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Needs bigger monitors.

SC6_VIP-Room_pc_l.jpg