CM 690 III Fan Configuration

Brocily

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get everyone's opinion about which fan configuration is the best for my setup.

My Specs:
Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 III ADVANCED CASE (GREEN)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97-HD3: ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 970 - 1 DVI, 1 mHDMI, 3 mDP - 3D Vision Ready
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD

Fan Configurations: (Click on images to zoom)

A
Fan Config 1.jpg

B
Fan Config 2.jpg

C
Fan Config 3.jpg

please suggest any other configuration :)

Many thanks.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I think it is more like a trial & error sort of thing but regardless of which one you choose I don't think it would give significant changes in temps between either of those. Looking at your set up I would assume you don't experience any issues with hearing

steaky360

Personally I'd be tempted to go for C - because its pulling air out at the rear/top (which should be hotter) and pushing cooler air in at the front/bottom. In reality however I wouldn't expect massive gains in temps for the different setups.

Brocily

At the moment, there isn't really much noise. It wouldn't bother me anyway because I wear a headset :)

Think I'll go with C as the setup. It will still be positive air pressure, right?

steaky360

It should be, again it won't really matter - more importantly (in my opinion) would be dust covers in key locations (positive air pressure tends to help minimise the dust build up)

You'll also have your PSU fan which may be blowing into or pulling air out of your case.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't know this case at all so I've waited for the more knowledgeable to comment (and they have :)). From a pure physics point of view C is the obvious choice (hot air rises) but IMO it's way more important to suck the hot air out rather than push cold air in, so C is absolutely the best choice (assuming there is nothing obstructing airflow inside the case of course)