CM Storm Sniper PICS Thread

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Here's a few pics of my case, for you guys to enjoy, If you also have the sniper case, please stick ya photos on too. :) Please post pics directly onto the thread, no links please

SDC10880.JPG
SDC10879.JPG
SDC10878.JPG
SDC10872.JPG
SDC10873.JPG

Buzz

Master
What kind of Temp from the Coolermaster compared to the Eco are you looking at?
Also did you Mod the door yourself or just but a new one? I like it. :)

Very tidy, very nice setup. +rep

tom_gr7

Life Serving
That looks amazing!

Is it relatively silent? I'm looking to upgrade from my Antec Dustbox 900 ><

thanks mate :) No it is pretty loud! the 12cm vipers aint too loud, but the two 14cm vipers are really loud! Plus when I'm gaming I tend to set the gpu fans a little faster to keep them a little cooler, they are very noisy but I wear a headset, so it doesnt bother me, it is a bit of a pain at night though as pretty noisy and can keep people awake. But cooling wise its excellent!

edit - if you meant, is the cpu cooler loud? yes it is lol, the fans spin over 2000rpm! but do work well.

What kind of Temp from the Coolermaster compared to the Eco are you looking at?
Also did you Mod the door yourself or just but a new one? I like it. :)

Very tidy, very nice setup. +rep

thanks, I had the older coolit eco alc I model, (pcs now sell II) I changed to air because I became increasingly concerned/paranoid with the risk of leakages and I really didn't want anything to leak all over my 580 (had one at the time) the eco II model's are very reliable so I've heard. It is likely that my cooler may have never leaked, but i didnt want to risk it.

Performance wise, the eco and the cm v6gt are pretty much the same temps at idle, around 30-33ish, if my room gets a little warmer say 23c+ then the coolit was a little better, By that I mean 1 or 2 degrees.
High end cpu stuff, I've never really taken a fair test between the two, but i think the eco was slightly better. But as I say, I aint done a fair test so can't give you a really accurate answer on that one.

I got my dad to mod the window, he's good with stuff like that! was pretty simple, just got a 120mm fan template of the net, marked the window up, and did a bit of cutting. Oh n I did buy the window separately on ebay, (cm parts store in holland sells them)

Filters wise, I have two 120mm demcifex filters, they are pretty good. But, lol they keep falling off! they are magnetic, obviously the window aint magnetic, I bought some sticky frames that stick to the window then the filter sticks to the magnetically sticks to the frames, but the whole sticky frame keeps falling off -.-

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
it is a bit of a pain at night though as pretty noisy and can keep people awake.

Did you install one of these??
jet_engine_56626.jpg

I got my dad to mod the window,
Yeh Nice work.

but the whole sticky frame keeps falling off
Can you not use tape to tape it on? I used aluminium foil and its pretty good I must say. Wont be budging anytime soon.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
tom, is it just me, or is our beloved Sniper no longer available on the configuratron (spent a bit looking, but maybe its just hiding from me). If it is, then aren't we just even more special little snowflakes :D

(Nice pics again btw)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Did you install one of these??
View attachment 1230

Can you not use tape to tape it on? I used aluminium foil and its pretty good I must say. Wont be budging anytime soon.

haha, lol, nice pic, coolermaster do a fan that works in the same way as a turbine! clicky

the noise is loud, but so is my headset!

the filters were stuck on! -.- I would use some stronger tape but I don't wanna mark the window. ordered two of these now, filters and grills, stops little fingers going in! clicky

tom, is it just me, or is our beloved Sniper no longer available on the configuratron (spent a bit looking, but maybe its just hiding from me). If it is, then aren't we just even more special little snowflakes :D

(Nice pics again btw)

yeah I don't think pcs sell them anymore, shame as it was a hugely popular case!

Do you still have the three 200mm fans on? i tried putting a different 200mm fan on the front and it didnt fit! Coolermaster have designed the case and the 200mm fans stock , so only their 200mm fans fit, no other brand does! -.-

Mark0

As soon as I get my new pc im going to swap my non modular cables and feed them round the back of the mobo tray as I suspect PCS probably wont, it makes perfect sense and as your photos show makes for great air flow

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Pcs generally do a good job with the cables, but nothing would be as good as an enthusiast spending a few hours doing it (in my case half a day), pcs simply just don't have the time. Plus you should see the mess behind my mobo tray, as this case aint got great cable management, you also cant see the top left at the moment, right mess. :/

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
This looks awesome Tom, so neat and tidy!

Did the fans come with this or did you buy extra?

Do you advise me buying any addidtional fans or dust filters for the set up i have just ordered?

Edit: Just been looking at some pics of the inside Haf 912 Plus on google images and it looks cramped and a little messy. Should i upgrade?

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Thanks dude,

I bought the all the fans separately, they are 12cm and 14cm akasa vipers about 11 - 12 quid each,

yeah you could buy a few fans, however, I'd wait till you get the rig, then you could have a look and plan where you could add them. You could of course do some research now, I think red coolermaster sickleflows would look good in your case, with the red theme. clicky

if you need any help or anything, dont hesitate to ask :)

chrcar59

Silver Level Poster
So it won't be cramped and restrict air flow?

So i should be more confident in my case and not upgrade :p

Just looked at those fans to, only £4.33!

Last edited: