CM Storm Sniper PICS Thread

T

TheGeeza

I've just been given another 580 buy a friend and Im planning on running 2 way sli. Did you experience any micro stuttering with the sli 580s ?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've just been given another 580 buy a friend and Im planning on running 2 way sli. Did you experience any micro stuttering with the sli 580s ?

Both the 580's performed very well indeed. But a few things to consider.
- the top card ran pretty hot sometimes.
- the dual fans are very noisy, esp when the temps rise.
- you will need to ensure that your case has really good exhaust fans, because the cards partly exhaust into the case.

Treat them, ensure they are as cooled as you can, and they will perform well.

PokerFace

Banned
So, I have recently added another screen and a dual monitor stand!!!! As well as a pretty amazing Noctua Nh-D14 then added three viper fans to that, so thought I'd update my pics on here.

Just for anyone interested, PCS dont stock this case anymore but you could still go for one and have it shipped to PCS.

SDC11433.JPG

SDC11434.JPG

SDC11436.JPG

SDC11437.JPG

SDC11440.JPG

SDC11441.JPG

Hi Tom,
Don't you find those monitor's a bit high being up on that top shelf? I prefer to be looking more downwards at the monitors, I find it less tiring on my eyes. The top of my monitors are about 2" above my eye-line.

BTW, have some rep for the photos and also for eating your five-a-day!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Hi Tom,
Don't you find those monitor's a bit high being up on that top shelf? I prefer to be looking more downwards at the monitors, I find it less tiring on my eyes. The top of my monitors are about 2" above my eye-line.

BTW, have some rep for the photos and also for eating your five-a-day!

thanks for the rep. :)

The screens are a little bit higher now, had to raise them up a bit more when I got my trooper case. But generally I prefer them high up, I have a load of text books below that i always need access to. I think I'm used to the height. I have read that your eyes should be level with the top of the screen, but I sit quite far away from the screens, so i dont see it as a issue really.