cmon ENGLAND!!!!

ukste

****e game, we were very lucky...... englands got no balls in the game 98 was good times unlike today

Flucky

Had to listen to it on the radio as I was on the way back from the airport. Bad signal and lots of tunnels made the game very interesting :p

_Francesco_

Pretty sure this is as far as England go. Roy Hodgson teams always have two banks of four and that makes him far too predictable for international football. It seems inevitable that he will play right into the hands of Italy and that 4-4-2 will meet 3-5-2 (historically the first "anti-4-4-2" long before the modern 4-5-1 systems). Italy played 3 at the back in their match against Spain and it's a formation which has enjoyed more popularity over the last couple of years than ever before in Serie A, especially with Napoli overachieving last season and Juventus adopting such a variant now, too. In short, the national team are drilled in this variant and it's 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 which is necessary to have the upper-hand in team shapes against 3/5 at the back. It's ironic that almost very team in the Premiership plays a modern system of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 mould, yet the national team does not and will suffer for it.

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Pretty sure this is as far as England go. Roy Hodgson teams always have two banks of four and that makes him far too predictable for international football. It seems inevitable that he will play right into the hands of Italy and that 4-4-2 will meet 3-5-2 (historically the first "anti-4-4-2" long before the modern 4-5-1 systems). Italy played 3 at the back in their match against Spain and it's a formation which has enjoyed more popularity over the last couple of years than ever before in Serie A, especially with Napoli overachieving last season and Juventus adopting such a variant now, too. In short, the national team are drilled in this variant and it's 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 which is necessary to have the upper-hand in team shapes against 3/5 at the back. It's ironic that almost very team in the Premiership plays a modern system of the 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-2-2-1 mould, yet the national team does not and will suffer for it.

Your playing WAY to much Pro ev or Fifa mate. Stop messing with the formations and just play the game will ya....

bigben

Master Poster
Your playing WAY to much Pro ev or Fifa mate. Stop messing with the formations and just play the game will ya....

I hate to say it but I agree with Francesco, Uncle Woy's style of football is boring and predictable, you probably saw how badly we were getting manipulated against Ukraine, if the assistant referee hadn't been sleeping on the job we wouldn't even have won it, imagine how we are going to cope against a better side who will be dramatically more clinical in front of goal.
His tactic seems to be shove as many men back as possible and hope for a clearance to reach a fast player up front, again not so effective against good teams.

That said, I really hope we do well.

_Francesco_

It's been several years since I played either. From what I remember though, pretty much every football "simulation" is completely out of sync with real-world football, so I can't say I understand your point.

Buzz

Master
It's been several years since I played either. From what I remember though, pretty much every football "simulation" is completely out of sync with real-world football, so I can't say I understand your point.

Its a joke mate. Cant really compare footy game with real footie now can ya???

Buzz

Master
In that case, my apologies for being uptight! :D

Lol. No worries mate. :) I guess it wasn't that funny to begin with :) I had a game of pro ev with a mate last night so it was fresh in my mind. He changes his tactics so much for a game that, by time we start his team is so messed up and out of position he looses most games.

Personally I love Barca and the tactics and footy they play. 4-3-3. Score so many goals its hard to beat them. And of course they have the best player in the world. :)

As for International footy. I cant say a word considering how awful Ireland are. Now Holland did so bad, I hope either a Germany or England win. Cant see Spain doing it this time around personally. Then again I backed Holland to get to final and look how they did lol

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
lol, tbh being both French and English, I can switch when one is doing better than the other haha :p

However, I don't think england has any hope of winning, but I think France do (possibly), or at least I think they have a very strong chance of going further than england. So for now.....

COME ON FRANCE

Flucky

I want an England-Spain final as I'll be in Spain for it, which is great as you get all the English fans in one pub and the Spanish in another :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I don't really follow football, but I like to watch England with a curry and a few bottles of Eastern European beer. I don't think England will beat Italy though, don't think we are good enough! I don't think much to Rooney (over-rated) nor Milner as he seems to make alot of silly mistakes.

I think they should get paid on a score and level of play basis. Eg

- all payers get a paid a basic wage for playing,
- players get a bonus for scoring,
- players get a bonus for setting up a goal - just as important as the goals
- players lose wages for stupid tackles that result in a free kick.
- player lose a small amount for being crap!
- keeper gets bonus for goals saved
- player kicked off team (forever) for causing a free kick/penalty that results in a goal

:)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't really follow football, but I like to watch England with a curry and a few bottles of Eastern European beer. I don't think England will beat Italy though, don't think we are good enough! I don't think much to Rooney (over-rated) nor Milner as he seems to make alot of silly mistakes.

I think they should get paid on a score and level of play basis. Eg

- all payers get a paid a basic wage for playing,
- players get a bonus for scoring,
- players get a bonus for setting up a goal - just as important as the goals
- players lose wages for stupid tackles that result in a free kick.
- player lose a small amount for being crap!
- keeper gets bonus for goals saved
- player kicked off team (forever) for causing a free kick/penalty that results in a goal

:)

kicked off the team forever? a bid drastic Tom
I support Spain anyway :)