CoD 4 on steam?

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
Hey guys, ive recently bought cod 4 on steam(had steam for like 1 day) im playing online and on some games, i load it up and it disconnects me straight away saying punkbuster cant comunicate? :S but in other servers its fine?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
possibly a firewall problem check what ports puckbuster uses and make sure your firewall isnt stopping it otherwise try updating punkbuster that may also cause this type of issue

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
ive only recently downloaded them, everything is up to date, even disable firewall and it still does it :/

NMEBowen

Master Poster
only other thing i can suggest is your routers firewall try that goto ie type the routers ip settings and find either the firewall or the allow programs options and have a look in there.

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
I have found out the issue, apparently it is quite a common problem. It involes you going into Control Panel, Admin Tools, and then Servies, and go onto punkbuster B and change it to load auto.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Unfortunately, the bottom line is that Punk Buster is rubbish, I find that most games have a problem with punk buster for alot of people, and although they can normally be fixed, people shouldn't have to find a solution to play the game. I don't understand why companies still use it!

jacktimson

Silver Level Poster
i agree with that completely, ive only just installed steam and bought cod 4, and immediately had an issue. Not good.