Common issues with Vyper line?

michty_me

Maybe its just me as I'm currently looking at depth into the laptops but I seem to see more common faults on threads for the Vyper chassis laptops than the others? Is it a fairly new chassis? Are the issues related to build quality or defective parts?

I keep jumping between the Vyper with a 2070 or the Optimus Pro XI with AMD CPU and a 2060 for me to do some casual gaming at 1080P when away at work so need the reliability.

maha

Silver Level Poster
Ryzen 7 is as fast as i7 10875h, and there is a big price difference
yes, vyper is a new chassis but Optimus Pro with ryzen is even newer :)

michty_me

Ryzen 7 is as fast as i7 10875h, and there is a big price difference
yes, vyper is a new chassis but Optimus Pro with ryzen is even newer :)

Yes, There is a big price difference which is why I keep changing between the AMD + RTX 2060 or the i710th Gen + RTX2070.
I could cut the difference further by going the Defiance VII which has the TX 2070 MaxQ but from reading reviews, Its not worth it.

plzt

It has been mentioned by a competitor that Ryzen 4000 chips won't come with anything higher than a 2060 until next year.
If the Optimus Pro can come with a better screen (than 45% NTSC), 3200Mhz RAM, and has the Max P 2060 then it should be pretty solid still at lower overall power. I'm thinking a 2-3 year machine at those specs
I7-10875H and 2070 (or super) should last 4-5 realistically, especially if with the super version

michty_me

It has been mentioned by a competitor that Ryzen 4000 chips won't come with anything higher than a 2060 until next year.
If the Optimus Pro can come with a better screen (than 45% NTSC), 3200Mhz RAM, and has the Max P 2060 then it should be pretty solid still at lower overall power. I'm thinking a 2-3 year machine at those specs
I7-10875H and 2070 (or super) should last 4-5 realistically, especially if with the super version

I also heard that it wouldnt come out paired with anything greater until then also.
Well there is a competitor that does all those things and allows to remove all HDD.
I don't think I could afford a 2070 super GPU.
If a 2060 could last me between 3-5 at a push by lowering settings, I would be pretty happy at that.
I think a 2070 in the vyper would be my most upper limit.

plzt

I also heard that it wouldnt come out paired with anything greater until then also.
Well there is a competitor that does all those things and allows to remove all HDD.
I don't think I could afford a 2070 super GPU.
If a 2060 could last me between 3-5 at a push by lowering settings, I would be pretty happy at that.
I think a 2070 in the vyper would be my most upper limit.
That's fair enough. They do offer finance which could help (12 months buy now pay later at 0%) which I'll likely look in to.

I've emailed them to ask about the Optimus Pro screen, if it's a 2070 Max P, and when 3200 ram will be available

michty_me

That's fair enough. They do offer finance which could help (12 months buy now pay later at 0%) which I'll likely look in to.

I've emailed them to ask about the Optimus Pro screen, if it's a 2070 Max P, and when 3200 ram will be available

I didn't even consider the finance option really. I may consider similar.

Please let me know what they say, it would be good to hear their thoughts.

amdolev

Financing is not available in NL yet :( otherwise I'd buy over budget.

AX10

I didn't even consider the finance option really. I may consider similar.

Please let me know what they say, it would be good to hear their thoughts.

Order it without Windows 10 and install it yourself with your own license (either purchased online or transferred from previous laptop)