Compatibility Issue with Corsair Hydro H100

Pundus

Hi, I'm new to building my own rig and this site and have a few quires...

Please forgive any newbieshness (if that's a word)

First, is related to the title. When trying to proceed to "next step" after selecting the system I'm after I got an error. The Corsair Hydro H100 is apparently not compatible with the case I wanted, the Corsair Carbide 400R. So I tried the Corsair Carbide 500R, same response. Strange, as I thought those cases were both built with that cpu cooler in mind.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Also, If I add, say a dvd drive and a couple of case fans to the rig after I receive it, would that void the warranty in any way?

Thanks in advance :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Also, If I add, say a dvd drive and a couple of case fans to the rig after I receive it, would that void the warranty in any way?
Thanks in advance :)

no not at all, as long as your careful and don't break anything.

I think i read in a review about the H100 that it didn't fit very in a few of corsair's cases.

Pundus

Cheers Tom for your speedy reply :)

Been searching online on the whole H100 thing and came across this vid [video=youtube;b7-z1QaqrGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7-z1QaqrGU[/video]
Not too dissimilar from the rig I was putting together and I know the cooler looks snug but it fits :)

I would go for the Obsidian 650D if it had a USB3 motherboard header (and was a lil cheaper, lol)