Compatible graphics card upgrade for Tornado R3 Gaming PC

rouncewellspire

Hi, my friend's son is looking to upgrade his machine and wants advice on which of these two cards is suitable or even whether they're the right choice. It's a long time since I built a PC and I can't quite tell from the specs. Can anyone help?

This is his PC:

And these are the two cards he's considering:

They both look like quite an upgrade, so I'm just worried about cooling and even compatibility with the motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, my friend's son is looking to upgrade his machine and wants advice on which of these two cards is suitable or even whether they're the right choice. It's a long time since I built a PC and I can't quite tell from the specs. Can anyone help?

This is his PC:

And these are the two cards he's considering:

They both look like quite an upgrade, so I'm just worried about cooling and even compatibility with the motherboard.

Thanks in advance!
It's only a 450W PSU which won't support either of those GPU's. you'd need to upgrade the PSU as well. You'd need a minimum of 650W really.

But there will be a heavy CPU bottleneck on the system also, even moreso at 1080p just to set expectations. It's also lacking RAM for most games, it's not designed with upgrades in mind, to get it near where it needs to be will cost quite a lot of cash.

rouncewellspire

Ah, OK, that's the kind of thing I was afraid of. I'll have to investigate further what he wants to play, as I can imagine he'd be pretty disappointed if he upgrades the PSU and GPU only to still have framerate or other issues.

Thanks a million for such a quick answer!