Computer Desk that will look good in the lounge

mike_d99

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all. I have a new 3080 PC on order, but I'm stuck with an ancient 23" non-gaming monitor. I want to upgrade, but I'm not able to fit anything bigger in my existing computer desk. The tower, a Fractal Define7 XL, isn't going to fit underneath either so I need a new desk.

My computer lives in the centre of the lounge, so I need something that looks nice as a piece of furniture. A basic bench isn't going to cut it. This below is very similar to my current desk. I love it, but it's from a time when monitor sizes were a lot smaller. My 23" almost fills the available space. If I want a bigger monitor, I need a new desk.

iu

Problem is, I've been looking for weeks and I just can't find anything suitable. Feel like I've seen every generic desk or basic bench known to humanity but nothing that looks nice as a piece of furniture :confused: It's going to be against a white wall, so it needs to be straight (unlike like my existing one, which is designed to go in a corner and looks a bit silly against a straight wall) and that rules out a corner or L-shaped desk.

I'm aiming to put a cabinet or bureau next to it so brown would be the best colour. Size at least 150cm wide but can be bigger - I've plenty of space to play with. I'd like it to have some storage drawers and ideally somewhere to house my tower so I don't have to put it on the floor, as well as space for the monitor, speakers, and a printer ideally. I've seen suggestions that you should make your own but I'm beyond talentless with DIY so that's not happening :ROFLMAO:

This is probably the nicest one I've seen so far, but again the enclosure space is too small. I like this one too, apart from the colour, but as with the last one there's not enough space for the monitor. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. That said, it doesn't HAVE to be a cabinet, a bench style desk would do but I just can't find anything that would look nice and not out of place as part of a lounge setup.

Can't believe I'm finding it so hard to find a computer desk 😆 Can anyone offer any inspiration?

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Hey all. I have a new 3080 PC on order, but I'm stuck with an ancient 23" non-gaming monitor. I want to upgrade, but I'm not able to fit anything bigger in my existing computer desk. The tower, a Fractal Define7 XL, isn't going to fit underneath either so I need a new desk.

My computer lives in the centre of the lounge, so I need something that looks nice as a piece of furniture. A basic bench isn't going to cut it. This below is very similar to my current desk. I love it, but it's from a time when monitor sizes were a lot smaller. My 23" almost fills the available space. If I want a bigger monitor, I need a new desk.

iu

Problem is, I've been looking for weeks and I just can't find anything suitable. Feel like I've seen every generic desk or basic bench known to humanity but nothing that looks nice as a piece of furniture :confused: It's going to be against a white wall, so it needs to be straight (unlike like my existing one, which is designed to go in a corner and looks a bit silly against a straight wall) and that rules out a corner or L-shaped desk.

I'm aiming to put a cabinet or bureau next to it so brown would be the best colour. Size at least 150cm wide but can be bigger - I've plenty of space to play with. I'd like it to have some storage drawers and ideally somewhere to house my tower so I don't have to put it on the floor, as well as space for the monitor, speakers, and a printer ideally. I've seen suggestions that you should make your own but I'm beyond talentless with DIY so that's not happening :ROFLMAO:

This is probably the nicest one I've seen so far, but again the enclosure space is too small. I like this one too, apart from the colour, but as with the last one there's not enough space for the monitor. That's the sort of thing I'm looking for. That said, it doesn't HAVE to be a cabinet, a bench style desk would do but I just can't find anything that would look nice and not out of place as part of a lounge setup.

Can't believe I'm finding it so hard to find a computer desk 😆 Can anyone offer any inspiration?
I can’t see why a nice table wouldn’t work. Really depends what the rest of your lounge looks like to suggest anything?

I got this from Amazon for my spare room and it’s a real bargain (was £45 when I got it) and it’s pretty good looking

VASAGLE Computer Desk, Writing Desk with 2 Shelves on Left or Right, Work Table for Office Living Room, Steel Frame, Industrial, Rustic Brown and Black LWD47X https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FKPX...abc_NBA8T5CN15B073DDMMAK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I can’t see why a nice table wouldn’t work. Really depends what the rest of your lounge looks like to suggest anything?

I got this from Amazon for my spare room and it’s a real bargain (was £45 when I got it) and it’s pretty good looking

VASAGLE Computer Desk, Writing Desk with 2 Shelves on Left or Right, Work Table for Office Living Room, Steel Frame, Industrial, Rustic Brown and Black LWD47X https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FKPX...abc_NBA8T5CN15B073DDMMAK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
That's a classy looking desk for £65