configure SATA 6gb as 3rd HD

bencan

Hi there,

I'm configuring a new system (great site btw). It will not allow me to select a SATA 6gb/s HD as my 3rd or 4th drive - I have selected 2 SSDs for the 1st and 2nd. Is this down to the motherboard only having two SATA 6gb channels, being the 1st and 2nd? If so can I have the spinning HD as the 1st and the 2 SSDs as the 2nd and 3rd but still have one SSD as my boot/OS drive?

ninja edit: Mobo is: ASUS® RAMPAGE III EXTREME: 3-Way SLI & CrossFireX, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0

Cheers,
Ben.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

Your assumption about the motherboard is correct - at the moment the motherboards we sell only have 2 x SATA 6GB/s ports, and therefore we do not list the SATA 6GB/s drives as an option for your 3rd/4th hard drive.

My advice is to proceed and order 1 x SSD (3rd hdd) and 2 x SATA 6GB/s drives (1st and 2nd hdd) and contact us after ordering to ensure we install your OS on the 3rd option.

May I ask why you want to order 2 SSD's? I don't think this is necessary...?

Sleinous

Author Level
You could order one SSD in a 6g port, 1x 1TB WD1002FAEX 6g HDD in 2nd 6g port, and maybe another HDD, but just a 3G speed one for one of your 3g ports?

bencan

Thanks for the replies.

I've gone with 1 SSD and 2 WDs. Now just waiting for it to arrive! :D

Cheers,
Ben.