Configuring a PC - error?

JetSet

Putting this question here, since I'm more curious than anything... it's not really a tech support or pre-sales query...

There's a PC on its way to me (status dispatched), but in the mean time I've tried to configure the same PC on the website again, just to play around and see what other options might have been possible... but I'm seeing the error below when I create the exact configuration I've ordered:

"The graphics card you have selected has a length of approximately 26cm and the case you have selected can only support graphics cards up to 25cm in length when configured with the Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler. Please select a different Cooler or alternatively choose a different case."

The graphics card is an NVidia 3070, the case is a Corsair iCUE 220T.

Putting aside the fact that such a system is already on its way to me, how could the cooler limit the length of graphics card? In my mind, the cooler is above the graphics card in the case. And the part of the cooler that sits on the CPU is very neat. Is this just a glitch on the system configurator? Or maybe the poor guy building my machine had a tough time, because the bits only barely fit?

Rakk

The Awesome
Putting aside the fact that such a system is already on its way to me, how could the cooler limit the length of graphics card? In my mind, the cooler is above the graphics card in the case. And the part of the cooler that sits on the CPU is very neat. Is this just a glitch on the system configurator? Or maybe the poor guy building my machine had a tough time, because the bits only barely fit?

Dependent on the case and the RAM chosen the AIO radiator is sometimes at the front of the case instead of up top, therefore this does affect how long the GPU can be for it to fit.

Its possible the tech building it for you did have a right fight trying to get it to fit, or maybe you've ended up a with a card that is slightly shorter - as the different brands of GPU can be marginally different in size

JetSet

Thanks @Rakk , a bit of googling based on your suggestion turned up exactly what you're saying.

Given that my PC has been dispatched, I may have been lucky in choosing plain (i.e. "low profile", no RGB etc) RAM. And maybe that allowed enough clearance in the top. Or as you say, the GPU replaced for an equivalent shorter one.
Thanks!