Control Center problems on Recoil II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inzaniak

Hi,
i've got a problem with the Control Center (or GamingCenter) on my Recoil II.
It used to work fine, but since today morning i can't change the keyboard color and also i can't change the brightness.
The application works fine, but when i choose lighting settings it doesn't show up anything under Color Backlighting Wizard, but i can change the front bar color without any problem. After changing the bar color if i try to go back to the keyboard backlight wizard, the program crashes.
I've tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it without any success.
I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the OS but still doesn't work.
Does anybody knows what's the reason behind the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,
It used to work fine, but since today morning i can't change the keyboard color and also i can't change the brightness.
The application works fine, but when i choose lighting settings it doesn't show up anything under Color Backlighting Wizard, but i can change the front bar color without any problem. After changing the bar color if i try to go back to the keyboard backlight wizard, the program crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for an updated version?

GARIOT

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I have almost exactly the same problem. I took delivery of a Recoil III on Thu. 29.09.19.
I do not know if the later model number makes a huge difference.

The Gaming Center was functioning normally. I was able to change the backlighting
from the "rainbow" setting, to a solid pale blue. I was able to adjust the brightness
of the backlighting using FN/F6 and FN/F7. I could change the colours back again
if I wanted to. The lightbar colour, I just left alone.

On Sat. 28.09.19, I attempted to alter the shade of the keyboard backlight and found
I was unable to because the menu for it would no longer display.

I also found that the backlighting brightness could no longer be controlled using the
F6 and F7 keys. Luckily, it had remained at the pale blue colour; although it does go
through a rippling "rainbow" effect when the laptop starts up.

I tried restarting the laptop and that didn't solve the problem. I tried a system restore -
nor did it work. I did not feel it was a major enough problem to uninstall/reinstall the
OS, so I looked up advice on this forum.

I was surprised to see just how many people were having various problems with the
Gaming Center. For the majority of them, moderators were suggesting uninstalling
it, downloading it via their PCS account and then reinstalling the new download.

I did so, since there was nothing to lose by doing it. I was wrong. The downloaded
version is nowhere near as clear and good to look at. It's clunky and small. What it
has in common with the original is that - for keyboard backlighting - it won't work
properly either. (See attached screenshots)

As with the original, I cannot alter the keyboard backlighting in any way. The front
lightbar can be adjusted - but I'm not going to risk it.

The EZ Switch, Power Settings and System Monitor all work normally; the Lighting
Settings do not.

Obviously, this is an annoyance, rather than a catastrophic problem and I will not be
uninstalling/reinstalling the OS to try and solve it; especially since it didn't work when
INZANIAK tried it - more than a year ago. That it is still an issue betrays a worrying
lack of concern from PCS.

That said, it's not unreasonable of me to expect the program to work; especially since
I've had to download it from PCS, to replace the malfunctioning one that was installed
when the laptop was built.

Clearly, I have the latest version (unless it's not available for download) and the problem -
as far as I know - remains unsolved. So, if anyone can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it;
before I have to resort to phoning PCS.

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• GC-01-Lightbar.JPG
    GC-01-Lightbar.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 361
  • GC-02-Keyboard.JPG
    GC-02-Keyboard.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 341
Status
Not open for further replies.