Control Centre 2 - GPU Temp Stuck at 40 degrees :-(

kingmeisteruk

Hi all,

I've just started having problems with control centre 2.0 (version 1.0.78) where the GPU temp constantly shows 40 degrees celsius and the actual temperature is much higher, as such the fan is not kicking in when in custom or automatic mode and I'm getting GPU temperatures of 90 degrees when using the NVIDIA in game overlay.

I'm having to put the fans manually on maximum when gaming to get around this.

1646821290198.png
1646821353703.png

I'm up to date with Windows updates and used DDU to perform a clean install of the latest NVIDIA graphics driver (version 511.79).

Up until recently there were no issues so I'm not sure if it is a recent Windows update that has caused this?

Anyone else who has come across this or has an idea on how to resolve I would appreciate some help please.

Rgds,

Dave

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all,

I've just started having problems with control centre 2.0 (version 1.0.78) where the GPU temp constantly shows 40 degrees celsius and the actual temperature is much higher, as such the fan is not kicking in when in custom or automatic mode and I'm getting GPU temperatures of 90 degrees when using the NVIDIA in game overlay.

I'm having to put the fans manually on maximum when gaming to get around this.

View attachment 32683 View attachment 32684

I'm up to date with Windows updates and used DDU to perform a clean install of the latest NVIDIA graphics driver (version 511.79).

Up until recently there were no issues so I'm not sure if it is a recent Windows update that has caused this?

Anyone else who has come across this or has an idea on how to resolve I would appreciate some help please.

Rgds,

Dave
Hiya, could you post your full specs from the order page?

kingmeisteruk

Hiya back, no probs, specs as follows :)

Chassis & DisplayOctane Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080) + G-Sync
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB WD Black™ SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD (up to 3470MB/s R | 3000MB/s W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB WD Black™ SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD (up to 3470MB/s R | 3000MB/s W)
1st Storage Drive1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Storage Drive1TB Samsung 860 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 330W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
BatteryOctane Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (82WH)
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ WIRELESS-AC 1550 M.2 GAMING 802.11AC + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options4 x USB 3.0 Ports + 2 x USB 3.1 Type C Ports
Keyboard LanguageOCTANE SERIES BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Operating SystemGenuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
down_right_arrow.gif
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusBullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 2.0 MP FULL HD WEBCAM

Last edited by a moderator:

kingmeisteruk

I originally had the one from the PCS my downloads page, this was version 1.0.73, this also was showing the constant 40 degrees so I used the Clevo website to update to 1.0.78 to see if this resolved the issue but to no avail, the problem still persists.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I originally had the one from the PCS my downloads page, this was version 1.0.73, this also was showing the constant 40 degrees so I used the Clevo website to update to 1.0.78 to see if this resolved the issue but to no avail, the problem still persists.
That's really odd, does possibly sound windows update related like you say. I'm not sure what to suggest I'm afraid, may be worth raising with PCS

kingmeisteruk

Very odd indeed, I've never had an issue in over 2 years and then this, all I can assume is it is windows related which is very annoying, thanks anyway (y)

DarrenMarlow268

Hi all just looking through this thread I have been through months of pain with this problem it is a CLEVO software bug and a intermittent one.
There are numerous checks but CLEVO have not updated this into the fix even though I tried to contact them directly and explained via email. With no response. Turning your computer on and off 4/5 times will see it corrected but it’s all in the CLEVO code linked to the registry at boot If you have found a fix I would be really interested to know? Thanks

py930828

the issue is that the kernel won't be able to get the GPU temperature, by looking at what the software app CLEVO laptop is using, it's using a kernel driver called zntport.sys to get the GPU temperature. I have been looking for why this driver won't work and figured it was because the NVIDIA driver update did something to the cache between windows and BIOS, and that broke it. In order to resolve this issue, we need to clear the cache by using an app called WMeset.exe. This app is supposed to be used before updating CLEVO bios so to make sure the BIOS cache is cleared before flashing the new firmware. The forum rule doesn't allow me posted executable file, but it should be easy to find online, or download your laptop brand's BIOS update tool, WMeset should be included inside.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
the issue is that the kernel won't be able to get the GPU temperature, by looking at what the software app CLEVO laptop is using, it's using a kernel driver called zntport.sys to get the GPU temperature. I have been looking for why this driver won't work and figured it was because the NVIDIA driver update did something to the cache between windows and BIOS, and that broke it. In order to resolve this issue, we need to clear the cache by using an app called WMeset.exe. This app is supposed to be used before updating CLEVO bios so to make sure the BIOS cache is cleared before flashing the new firmware. The forum rule doesn't allow me posted executable file, but it should be easy to find online, or download your laptop brand's BIOS update tool, WMeset should be included inside.
Just be aware flashing the BIOS voids the warranty without PCS approval.