Control is currently free on EPIC!!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So has anyone indulged in this since it was a freebie? I’m on a week’s annual leave from work so just started it today.

It’s stunning, such a beautiful game. It’s the first ray trace enabled game I’ve tried since getting my 3070 and it looks incredible. I let GeForce pick the optimum settings and it runs very smoothly on the ultrawide monitor, averaging around 90 frames per second, sometime dropping to around 65 if there’s a lot of action happening on screen.

And the reflections, the reflections! I can see why people get excited about ray tracing now. I did crank up the RT settings to max for a few minutes and it had the inevitable tanking effect on frame rates but it’s still gorgeous on what GeForce picked out for me.

Gameplay wise, quite enjoyable. The launch power is like Half Life 2’s gravity gun but even more hilarious. The enemies are a bit samey but it’s a blast nonetheless, and the story is quite intriguing so far. I can see me playing this one through to the end 👍👍👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So has anyone indulged in this since it was a freebie? I’m on a week’s annual leave from work so just started it today.

It’s stunning, such a beautiful game. It’s the first ray trace enabled game I’ve tried since getting my 3070 and it looks incredible. I let GeForce pick the optimum settings and it runs very smoothly on the ultrawide monitor, averaging around 90 frames per second, sometime dropping to around 65 if there’s a lot of action happening on screen.

And the reflections, the reflections! I can see why people get excited about ray tracing now. I did crank up the RT settings to max for a few minutes and it had the inevitable tanking effect on frame rates but it’s still gorgeous on what GeForce picked out for me.

Gameplay wise, quite enjoyable. The launch power is like Half Life 2’s gravity gun but even more hilarious. The enemies are a bit samey but it’s a blast nonetheless, and the story is quite intriguing so far. I can see me playing this one through to the end 👍👍👍
I'll be joining you on wednesday for a week off (y)

I'm holding off playing it until I can get an RTX card, I really want to see it all singing all shining, that's really the entire point of control, it is to show you what ray tracing is all about.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Its beautiful but I find myself

more often then I would like
Yeah, that map isn’t the most intuitive! I’ve just played it methodically so far and haven’t gone too far off the beaten track. I’m off to the Research and Development area next, should be some funky stuff down there. But I’m taking a break, it’s hot in Cambridge today and my legs are stuck to my chair.

Yeah, that map isn’t the most intuitive! I’ve just played it methodically so far and haven’t gone too far off the beaten track. I’m off to the Research and Development area next, should be some funky stuff down there. But I’m taking a break, it’s hot in Cambridge today and my legs are stuck to my chair.
I think I just finished research and development do enjoy the game tho feels like a episode out of the outer limits with a hint of x files !!!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I actually forgot about this. I got it when it was free, played it for a bit then.... well... forgot I had it.

I've barely been home the last few weeks (holidays etc) so it'll be a while before I pick it up again.

I did feel like I got lost FAR too often. The voice tells you to go somewhere..... but presumes you know where that somewhere is by name :ROFLMAO:

I then open up the map and go ahhhhhhh.... aim straight for that point, only to find it's 2 levels up and the stairs are back where I started o_O

I'm just glad it's not just me.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just finished it. All in all, quite satisfied. The Ashtray Maze was incredible and the absolute high point of the game for me, would thoroughly recommend playing it just for that section. Or if you can’t be bothered playing it, just watching this: