Cooler/Case incompatible with the taller RGB memory

Swaz

Hi everybody,
I made a config with these components:
- "CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE"
- "Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler"
That works with a non RGB-ram. But if I try to add the "Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO" RAM, I get this error: "The cooler and case option that you have selected are incompatible with the taller RGB memory. Please amend one of these products.".
That goes away if I choose an H100x/H100i instead.
But I don't really get why taller ram sticks should be incompatible with the H115i.
Also, I found this video where an H115i is top mounted into a 500D (non SE) case, along with some Vengeance RGB Pro sticks, and the radiator with its fans is not even remotely touching the RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi everybody,
That works with a non RGB-ram. But if I try to add the "Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO" RAM, I get this error: "The cooler and case option that you have selected are incompatible with the taller RGB memory. Please amend one of these products.".
But I don't really get why taller ram sticks should be incompatible with the H115i.
Also, I found this video where an H115i is top mounted into a 500D (non SE) case, along with some Vengeance RGB Pro sticks, and the radiator with its fans is not even remotely touching the RAM.
Link:
1:40 : Vengeance RBG Pro installed
6:10 : H115i installed
Thanks in advance.
I don't know why they can't fit it, but I know it's previously been raised and the answer was they couldn't.

You'd need to ask PCS for a direct response though, we can only speculate.

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance.
Did you query PCS on this? And if so, what was the response?

PainterUK

Silver Level Poster
Ah, sorry, just retried with the obsidian and it wouldn’t allow me, but works with other cases.

It is weird but if you choose the obsidian, the rgb ram and the h115i, it complains. If you change to the h100i and confirm, it accepts.
If you go back and choose again the h115i, it accepts lol at least it is accepting mine.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It is weird but if you choose the obsidian, the rgb ram and the h115i, it complains. If you change to the h100i and confirm, it accepts.
If you go back and choose again the h115i, it accepts lol at least it is accepting mine.
oh weird, so it’s likely a bug in the configurator, I’ll feed that back to the admins.

Danoptic

I’m having this same issue, I want more RGB sadly but it won’t let me! Same case (500D) and same CPU Cooler... I’ll talk to PCS tomorrow