CoolerMaster Sileo 500 - AMD Inside!

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Got this compact, elegant beauty through yesterday. I went for the Sileo 500 as I wanted a super quiet case and I could utilise the card reader option as I've always hated faffing with adaptors to USB (which always ended up being around the back of the machine after my daughter broke the front USB ports on my old rig). Its guts include an ASUS F2A85-V Pro, AMD A10-5800K and a 1GB Radeon 6670. I'll write a review in the relevant section in the next few days with a full spec, but here are some photos, all taken after adding in a BitFenix USB 3.0 front panel.

A (very well packed) box.

DSC03179_zpsfb7786d9.jpg

The guts. The BitFenix cable was really bloody long.

DSC03180_zpsa170423e.jpg

DSC03182_zps0cf2e026.jpg

The case and, for posterity's sake, the setup...

DSC03184_zps71bf049d.jpg

DSC03193_zps590fa3b8.jpg

DSC03183_zps0f65e43c.jpg

DSC03195_zps4a5322a0.jpg

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
Have some rep for:

1) Photos
2) Being the world's best dad
3) Managing to lift all three atlas stones, proving you're the strongest dad in the house.

You should quit smoking though.

:)

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Bit of an update here having upgraded the graphics card from the PowerColor HD6670 1GD3 to an ASUS HD7850 DC2T 2GD5. First a few more photos of the inside before removing the 6670.

The 7850 arrived from Dabs in a humungous box, I knew what it was as I wasn't expecting anything else, but the size of the box it arrived in took me by surprise. When I opened it I realised why it was so big,the ASUS box was massive too and the packaging for the product was first class. I enjoyed opening it very slowly, and the card itself is just gorgeous to look at.

So out came the 6670, it made me feel a little sad as, as much as it tried its best, it just wasn't up to the task and I wasn't standing for it not letting me play Bioshock. I felt even more sorry for it when I lined it up next to its successor.

And finally in went the 7850. It's a nice overclocked card and it handles high level graphics with less stutters than I expected, although I thought at one point it wasn't going to fit into the case. I had to be a little bit creative with the cable management to accommodate the card, and if I'd had more time I would have disconnected some and re-routed, but as it stands that's a job for a day when I can sit down and do it properly without rushing. So this is what it look like now, a little cramped but I'm more than happy with the temperatures of the CPU, GPU and mobo when Bioshock is running on fairly taxing settings.
I've never been an overclocker, but with how easy AMD are making it to tweak stuff I'm tempted to throw a water cooler in there and have a play...

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Great pics. It's a shame the case isn't black all the way inside. Let me know how fitting a water cooler goes if you ever get around to it - I'd love to fit one in mine at some point. I had a few issues with cables when I removed my gfx card. Rep!