COOLING ON THE OPTIMUS XI PRO LAPTOP??

AdamJaxson

Does anyone know how well the 15,6" Optimus XI laptop is cooled given it's fairly thin? Does the aluminium chassis help at all? Cant find any posts here for some reason

Will also be using a cooling pad, and ideally i'd want to keep all the components below low 80's C° with the pad, and under heavy load.

Will also be using the 2060 and the ryzen 7 processor, as well as the arctic thermal paste

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Does anyone know how well the 15,6" Optimus XI laptop is cooled given it's fairly thin? Does the aluminium chassis help at all? Cant find any posts here for some reason

Will also be using a cooling pad, and ideally i'd want to keep all the components below low 80's C° with the pad, and under heavy load.

Will also be using the 2060 and the ryzen 7 processor, as well as the arctic thermal paste
You won’t get components below 80c. Current intels run at over 90, and GPU’s will aim for around 86.

The chassis runs fine though.

maha

Silver Level Poster
With my Optimus Pro 17.3"
At max power, in intensive CPU/integrated GPU usage, the Ryzen is never above 80° and usually 60-70°, CPU usage is 85-100%, fans are almost silent, sometimes a quick acceleration for 15-30 seconds
with RTX 2600 active (CUDA calculations), RTX is at 75-85° but Ryzen is never below 90° and it reaches often 98° and then powers off! (5 times in 2 days) even when CPU usage is below 50% and fans are overblowing
There seems to be a problem with air flow when RTX and Ryzen are both at max power, it seems that warm flow from GPU goes to CPU. Once CUDA calculations are over, CPU temps goes back to 55-65°
unused RTX (0-10%) is at 42-48°
unused CPU (<25%) is at 35-45°

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
With my Optimus Pro 17.3"
At max power, in intensive CPU/integrated GPU usage, the Ryzen is never above 80° and usually 60-70°, CPU usage is 85-100%, fans are almost silent, sometimes a quick acceleration for 15-30 seconds
with RTX 2600 active (CUDA calculations), RTX is at 75-85° but Ryzen is never below 90° and it reaches often 98° and then powers off! (5 times in 2 days) even when CPU usage is below 50% and fans are overblowing
There seems to be a problem with air flow when RTX and Ryzen are both at max power, it seems that warm flow from GPU goes to CPU. Once CUDA calculations are over, CPU temps goes back to 55-65°
unused RTX (0-10%) is at 42-48°
unused CPU (<25%) is at 35-45°
You need to contact PCS as there’s something wrong with that build.

maha

Silver Level Poster
Why? this was a configuration problem, I removed the awful Bullguard antivirus and the temp problems disappeared, it seemd this antivirus was too intrusive in the system (known programs blocked, disks throttling, usb scanned every second,...) the cpu temp dropped by 10-20 degrees when using nvidia cuda
I'm back to Avast and everything's fine, except a little hardware glitch, the "k" key is not floating like the others but it doesn't annoy me because it works correctly (the kkkkkkkkkkk appear when typed) and in French "k" is only used in imported words not typed every day (karaté, kiwi, koala,...)
My old ASUS N76VZ has been powered off and dismantled.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was saying in relation to this, if the system is shutting down then you need to contact PCS.

We would always recommend to order without Bullguard as it’s known to cause issues with networking and other things.

0Yatake

Why? this was a configuration problem, I removed the awful Bullguard antivirus and the temp problems disappeared, it seemd this antivirus was too intrusive in the system (known programs blocked, disks throttling, usb scanned every second,...) the cpu temp dropped by 10-20 degrees when using nvidia cuda
I'm back to Avast and everything's fine, except a little hardware glitch, the "k" key is not floating like the others but it doesn't annoy me because it works correctly (the kkkkkkkkkkk appear when typed) and in French "k" is only used in imported words not typed every day (karaté, kiwi, koala,...)
My old ASUS N76VZ has been powered off and dismantled.
so basically when you had bullguard the temps of your cpu were 98° and now that you removed bullguard the temps are ok?
so bullguard is the main problem of many users i this forum who have bought an Optimus with temps problems like yours?

Last edited: