Coolit ECO ALC II Repair, Strip, flush and refil

halox

Enthusiast
I have a Coolit ECO ALC II and thought the pump was a wee bit noisy compared to my other one. I know what a pump sounds like when it is trying to pump some air, and this was the very same sound. Time for a refill. Only thing is, these are not designed to be serviceable. The one I have is the top of the range extra wide radiator version so I don't want to throw it away. I thought I'd strip it down and fix it.

Here is my video of my repair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcGuNDOE6Y&feature=youtu.be

It works a treat now. I have added another identical fan so it is now the top of the range Coolit ECO ALC II with push / pull fans. As a water cooler enthusiast, I know the best liquid is De-Ionised water. The fancy coolants are to catch the buyer, the others are just for show.

I should point out I know what I am doing. When I am submerging a 12V DC pump under water in the video I know that the water will not sufficiently conduct this voltage and put me at risk. Do not try this unless you know what you are doing. If you submerge an electrical item without knowing what you are doing the results could be fatal. Even in De-ionised water.

I know the Coolit ECO ALC I is the same construction and fittings. I don't know about the Coolit ECO ALC III or other all in one CPU water coolers. The principal is the same.